General Position Summary
The Admin & Logistics Assistant is a key person within the operations management team who assures the Admin & logistics resources are coordinated for effective program support. The Admin & Logistics Assistant plays a key role in Admin & logistics under the guidance of the Operations Director/Manager or Logistics Manager.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Office Admin & Logistics Assistant is responsible for all types of admin and logistics related duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Admin Related Duties:
Responsible for the smooth running of the following office functions: Reception of visitors photocopies and mail services, translation services, telephones and faxes.
- Prepare duty roster for the cooks and guards; day-to-day supervision of property management including guards, cook and cleaners and office maintenance. Ensure the office and compound are clean and maintained at a routine schedule.
- Maintain and monitor attendance book; alert supervisors to poor attendance records of relevant staff.
- Responsible for maintaining supply of all admin documents and making them available for all MC PLK staff; Assist Administrative Officer in maintaining a central filing system.
- Responsible for maintaining all administrative notice boards — keeping them updated, clean and neat in appearance.
- Translation of any program or office documentation, as required.
- Responsible for maintaining contact sheet for MC PLK — ensuring all contact details are updated and distributed to MC staff.
- Responsible for facilitating visas and other legal documentation for Mercy Corps staff.
- Assist in the collection of monthly timesheets of support staff.
- Assist Administrative Officer in processing payments for all service contractors.
- Assist Finance Department in making cash payments to contractors in the field and maintaining payment sheet — as instructed by the Head of Office.
- File Mercy Corps documents as required.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Logistics Related Duties:
Coordinate with program in terms of materials distribution planning.Make schedule of deliveries to project sites in coordination with the warehouse assistant and program departments.Coordinate receipt of materials/tools/equipment’s with procurements in a timely manner as not to delay procurement, warehousing and program activities.Ensure quality of materials/equipment’s and tools as per the sample provided by the vendors to operations “procurements” department.
- Ensure Mercy Corps Warehousing policies are in place and make sure donor regulations are implemented over commodities received from procurement.
- Support warehouse assistant in making daily commodity movement, tracking, receipt, delivery & recording is done properly and timely manner.
- Support warehouse assistant in weekly and monthly warehousing reports.
- Estimation and calculation of the required space for stocking.
- Preparation of cargos to other field offices and project sites.
- Maintenance a computerized inventory of all assets belonging to Mercy Corps Afghanistan program (includes coordination with other Departments).
- Assist with implementation of asset tracking system including use of asset tags, movement of assets and upkeep of an asset register.
- Making of asset MC System as it could be centralized through main office KBL.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps works in places of transition, where conflict, disaster, political upheaval, or economic collapse present opportunities to build a more secure, productive, and just communities. Providing emergency relief in times of crisis, we move quickly to help communities recover and build resilience to future shocks, and promote sustainable change by supporting community-led and market-driven initiatives. Recognizing both the great potential and the complex challenges faced by Afghanistan, since 1986 Mercy Corps has been implementing a range of humanitarian assistance and development programs tailored to the specific needs of the country and of those communities where we work. Mercy Corps has been working in Afghanistan continuously since 1986 with a large portfolio of programs addressing the promotion of sustainable licit livelihoods, agriculture development, youth vocational training, Renewable Energy and natural resource management; it has helped more than 2.5 million Afghans through these wide-range of community–based agriculture and economic development programs.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact. We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, colour, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct eLearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
While sending your CV & Cover letter, please state the title/ subject line as:
MCA021-2022 Application for Admin & Logisitic Assistant
*Application received after the closing date or with a different subject line will not be given consideration.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates should send their Application to: email@example.com