Administration and Finance Officer Provides overall management and control of Finance & Administration of Teach for Afghanistan.
- Maintain existing financial systems including petty cash, expenses, records, process all payments through banking channel and monthly bank reconciliation
- Checking and Reconciliation of Support Documents with Book keeping.
- Reconciliation of Bank statements with Book keeping.
- Reconciliation of Cash Count
- Reconciliation of Tax Documents with book keeping and Payroll
- Submission of monthly and annual tax return to the ministry of finance.
- On time project expense report to the ministry of economy as well as the economy directorates in the provinces.
- Submission of quarterly finance report to the Head of Finance at Kabul office.
- Travel to other provinces, where TAO has its projects as needed.
- To maintain proper filing of vouchers and backup documents and safe storage of cheque books and banking documents.
- To make payments, ensuring that compliance with TAO and donor rules and regulations.
- To make fund requests to TAO Kabul office monthly and as needed.
- To prepare payroll, pay slips and time sheets on monthly bases.
- To transfer office staff, fellows salaries, vehicles rent, house rent, taxes and other contractor related liabilities on monthly bases.
- Monitor and prepare monthly accounts and Financial Reports as required by Donor, internal management and Government agencies.
- Maintain all accounting transactions, cash book, Book Keeping, Ledger and bank book and close collaboration of Head of Finance.
- Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Overall management of the procurement, logistics, HR and other administrative work
- Be proactive in finding more efficient ways of working through use of new tools or procedures
- Make sure office maintenance, repairing, and cleaning on regular bases.
- Maintain administration department filing system and incoming/outgoing correspondence record keeping.
- To closely supervise office cleaners, guards and drivers and prepare their service schedule.
- To manage the leave records of office staff
- To maintain personal files and keep up to date.
- To procure goods and services, ensuring compliance with TAO and donor rules and regulations.
- To maintain proper inventory records of goods and equipment owned by TAO and ensure that relevant control systems are in place and complied with.
- To support/oversee logistic arrangements for project activities and travel
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations
- Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities
- Monitor daily attendance of staff.
- Preparing employment, vehicle, house rent and other contracts on timely bases.
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
- Perform any other activities assign by line manager
Teach For Afghanistan Organization (TAO) is Afghanistan’s largest youth-led nonprofit organization registered with the Ministry of economy and the Ministry of education and finance of Afghanistan. TAO places the most promising qualified men and women in classrooms (fellows) to teach and embrace the kids towards a better future. The fellows use innovative methods of teaching which create higher level of learning among boys and girls and lowers the dropout rate. TAO is a partner organization of Teach for All (TFAll), which is a global network of +60 independent partner organizations in 6 continents.
- At least three years experiences in financial management, especially in complex budget setting, monitoring and financial accounting and audit by internationally recognized firms. Previous experience with USAID funded projects will be an added value.
- Knowledge of Afghanistan tax law and other rules and regulations pertaining to high education institutions.
- Proven skills on managing changes, achieving results, ensuring quality, team building and capacity building.
- Experiences in staff payroll management and managing transactions.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure as part of a professional team.
- English proficiency, computer ability word processing spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Ability to draft, in Pashto and Dari, all outgoing letters and reports to the relevant ministries and offices of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
3 – 5 Years
As per company salary scale
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a detailed application letter and contact details no later than (10/01/2022) to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Note: Please clearly indicate “Head of Finance” in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be informed.