- The AM will represent a diverse range of community interests working together with program to set prioritize issues that affect the lives of people regarding their health.
- Ensure everyone is treated equally within organization and customers by apply the principle of to do right. AM is responsible of operational support duties and ensures that organizational resources are used in the most cost-effective manner.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Operation Services (Admin, Finance, logistic, HR and IT), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between the Operations, and program departments.
- Develop appropriate tools, guidelines to deliver on operational services within the required time frame.
- Set up appropriate monitoring system for the service requests.
- Regular meetings with country Director and be part of country management team.
- Review operational policies and advise on policies and SOPs which will ensure accountability and speed of implementation, with high client satisfaction.
- Compliance with rules and regulations for recruitment and human resource management for the project.
- Preparation of recruitment plan and elaboration of job descriptions for required staffing.
- Supervise and Maintain HR process and procedures through admin/HR officer (maintaining personnel records; update databases of staff and track their performances appraisal, make available the organization guidelines and documents about company policies, Process job announcement and timely employments in proper coordination with relevant unit to considering TIC regulation and labor law, plan and organise staff development training and update staff on new regulations).
- Supervision of all staff in the Operations Unit with individual work plans and follow performance appraisal of entire TIH staff.
- Support and maintain through admin officer for (Proper management of assets, overall management of administrative issues).
- Develop, maintain, and monitor all fundraising and accounting systems and procedures capturing all pledges, billings, and receipts and for the recording of all revenue transactions, recommend and implement improvements to systems.
- Prepare annual audit and be a liaison with all outside vendors.
- Ensure administrative system including developing and maintaining and update company databases.
- Play key role in TIH budget planning and budget for day-to-day operational effectiveness in conjunction with country director and the relevant project managers.
- Work closely with the project managers concerned to develop sound operational project work plans/budgets and implementation plans, which match with expected project outputs.
- Regularly review and revise the finance procedure & guidelines of TIH based on evidence-based finding.
- Implementation of effective internal controls such as maintenance of the internal expenditures control system, financial recording/reporting system, government taxation and legal document for TI and TIH.
- Proper planning and expenditure tracking of financial resources and monitoring of financial delivery against work plans and preparation of relevant periodic reports.
- Oversee overall financial management through finance team (Invoicing to funding sources, including calculation of completed units of service, monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization, financial performance against budget-, short- and long-term financial reporting, day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable using QuickBooks, producing reports as requested, reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements).
- Controlling & monitoring payrolls and provide proper feedback to staff.
- Plan and conduct financial capacity building for responsible staff at country and provincial offices.
- Procurement strategies including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, and quality management.
- Review terms of reference to ensure the quality of inputs to be procured.
- Support logistic officer to ensure (Preparation of an annual procurement plan, with an indicative list of goods and services as identified in the annual work plan, administrative responsibilities include file management, correspondence drafting, funding program support, and ensuring supplies to the office are managed and maintained).
- Perform any other duties the line manager may advice.
- AM will be reporting to country director of TIH
The overall objective of Program is the support to the Ministry of Public Health for the strengthening of its role of steward of the Afghan public health system and service delivery in the field of primary health care (maternal and child health, including immunization) in most high-risk districts. The main purpose of this program is to provide services to the needy community in coordination with district and provincial level health authorities and partners, based on the MOPH policies, strategies and operational plans and achieve suitable result for eradication of polio and promote routine vaccine coverage to the expected target. Also, the program will consider full integration with other community intervention to synergize the effort and response to the community need e.g., agriculture, handicraft etc.
The program has the scope of assisting the various provincial departments of MoPH and other ministries when and while required in better service delivery. This contract specifically aims at contributing to the provision of technical support to the different sections of MoPH particularly national EPI/EOC and provincial health directors of the selected provinces for cheapest and community acceptable services with a sustainable manner. It concentrates on the organizational and management capacity building of the target provinces, as well as the development of technical/managerial skills amongst their staff in the field.
Tanweer Investment Health care services started in southern region and expanded to eastern region. There are expectations of partners that TIH expand their services to more provinces and more district in provinces already targeted. The operation is getting larger, in point of view of human resource, finance and logistic. TIH has been operating of all these units in isolation and report directly to the country director. These units need close coordination and optimizing through a head of operation. Therefore, TIH management decide to have a well-coordinated operation team at the country level to safeguard the operation all over the country.
- This position requires a high degree of confidentiality in dealing with personnel and finance matters. He/she must be courteous and have a professional approach towards organization.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public health, or similar discipline
- Advanced University Degree (Masters or equivalent) in Business Administration, Operations Management, Social Sciences, International Development, Health Economics, Financial or related fields.
- At least 8 years relevant work experience, at least 5 of which involve similar senior experience of operational management of projects or Programmes with Strong background and work experience in Government, NGOs and or UN offices.
- Familiarity with Afghanistan health system (EPHS and BPHS) will an asset.
- Applicant should attach official letter of the organization she/he worked with, despite phrasing in CV.
- Applicant should mention reference of the organization she/he worked and write in the application to let TIH to contact the reference/s.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of project management and HR principles
- Basic knowledge of procurement
- Basic knowledge on budgeting
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- proper working experiences with computer and computer based financial and program management system.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
End of December 2021 with possible extension
As per the organization salary scale
To apply for this position, please submit your complete application with the position title (Administrative Manager -TIC/HCU/KBL/2020/105) in the subject line by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION: If you think you have the passion, skills and qualifications for this position and would like to join our team please prepare your application, by addressing each point listed in required Skills and Experience. It is recommended that you address each criteria separately in point form. You should use statements with examples that clearly demonstrate your competency in a particular area. Applicants who fail to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required for this position in their application will not be invited to attend an interview. Please attach this application along with your CV, covering letter and proposed monthly rate and submit to the TIH HR department at email@example.com