The STM Division is accepting applications for Administrative Assistant. Applicants with previous administrative experience at tertiary educational institutions or international organizations are welcome to apply. As the language of instruction at AUAF is English, all candidates must have excellent English language communication skills. This is a contractual full-time position for one or two years. It is renewable upon mutual agreement.
Description of Job Duty
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Work closely with the division chair on day-to-day flow and operation of the division
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters and forms
- Maintain contact lists
- Write letters and send emails
- Assist team members to organize, plan and prepare events, meetings and activities
- Design announcements and posters for events
- Assemble, compile and edit data and records
- Order office supplies
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Photocopy and print out documents for and on behalf of colleagues
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Follow written and oral instructions
- Establish effective work relationships
Founded in 2006, the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit nationally-accredited university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We are a dynamic university with a student population of over 1000 students. The Division of Science, Technology and Mathematics (STM) offers Bachelor Degree in Information Technology and provides courses in Science, Mathematics, Statistics and IT to students of all other divisions and departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of experience in the related field
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- ·Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in Design Software
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Administrative writing skills
Microsoft Office skills
Operating with Word Processing and Spreadsheet Software
Poster designing skills
Stationary supply management
Attention to detail
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
one year extendable
To apply, please send as a single PDF document: a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please, include AF-N-71-2021- Administrative Officer in the subject line of the email, otherwise, the application will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A written test or example of work may be used as a form of screening.
If shortlisted, the applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees (transcripts sent from the degree-granting school directly to AUAF).
AUAF does not charge recruitment fees to applicants.
AUAF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. AUAF follows a strict non-discriminatory policy in its selection and employment practices. All applicants will receive equal consideration and applicants from all ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.