Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
Term of reference
Part of Administration
Job Title: Administrative Specialist for the Performance Management Office
Number of Post: One (1)
Vacancy No: Ad/Spec/Manag/Office
Sex: Male/ Female
Duration: One Year (Extendable)
Publish Date: 01/23/2019
Expire Date: 02/06/2019
The Afghanistan health system has made considerable progress backed by the strong evidence of improved health indicators over the years. The key enablers for the improvements in the health system include strong local stewardship, development of sound and stable policy frameworks, continuous prioritization of investments in BPHS and EPHS. The BPHS and EPHS have been implemented through the Service Providers (SPs) in 31 provinces and the Strengthening Mechanism of the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) in remaining 3 provinces. As the Sehatmandi project fund centers around the BPHS and EPHS implementation, it attempts to bring in a new approach of performance management for more transparent and systematic management of the SPs. To optimize the performance management system, the MoPH has developed the Performance Management Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and establishes a new office titled the Performance Management Office (PMO).
Scope of work
The incumbent will have a special focus on the overall administrative activities related to the PMO and will also be responsible to take proactive action for implementation of the activities planned in the SOP and follow-up with the Sehatmandi Coordination Office.
The incumbent will be a member of the PMO, with a special focus on the overall administrative activities related to performance management of service providers including SM in the BPHS and EPHS.
· Serve as Administrative expert;
· Control the overall administrative activities including human resources management, logistics, facility management, procurement management and fleet management as required;
· Assist in performance management tasks including preparation and facilitation of activities articulated in the SOP;
· Take action for timely start of the SOP related activities;
· Enter and update all inputs for the reports and the performance management Dashboard as required;
· Ensure that administrative activities are coordinated among all section of the Division;
· Develop and implement office administration procedures;
· Ensures proper implementation of logistics and security policies;
· Contribute to the development of personnel policies and procedures;
· Ensure timely, fair and transparent recruitment, retention and promotion and selection process;
· Provide training in good administration practices and procedures for all staff in the PMO;
· Work closely with the PMO team members on issues related to strategic actions
Qualifications and experience
· The applicant must have a bachelor degree.
· The applicant must have at least 5 years’ experience in administration with government, NGOs or UN agencies OR at least 3-year working experience in administration plus a Master’s degree or its equivalent degree.
· The applicant must have an excellent command of English and a local language (written, spoken and understanding).
· The applicant must have hands-on skills in computer and Internet.
· The applicant must have good communication skills to work and deal with MOPH, NGOs, UN and other related stakeholder.
· Developed and implemented office administration procedures – i.e. facilitate to develop procurement documents, travel plans, ToRs, HR Manual) and keep the PMO staff updated on the government rules and regulations
· Managed Monthly Updates, Quarterly Performance Review and Semi-Annual Performance Review as per the SOP.
· Provided logistics and secretariat services for the events planned in the SOP.
· Provided systematic filing, record keeping and other house-keeping services for the PMO staff.
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references
Submission Email: email@example.com