The purpose of the Country Programme Assistant is to support purposeful collaboration with the Host National Societies project teams in line with technical standards and project agreements.
- Promote that Norwegian Red Cross programme cooperation with the Host National Society project teams is consistent and efficient.
- Support HNS sound technical planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting in line with established project agreements and project plans.
- Supports the SPO to and on areas of knowledge;
- Contributes to adequate needs assessment to inform design of relevant projects
- Ensures the logical project structure of effects and results according to existing guidelines and linkages between the Host National Societies and Norwegian Red Cross results frameworks.
- Function as the assistant focal person at the Norwegian Red Cross CO for primary health care implementation, including but not limited to, maternal and newborn health, issues related to the daily running of the project(s) which is/are included in the Norwegian Red Cross supported programmes
- Provide technical support to HNS to ensure quality of health services including but not limited to provide technical guidelines, SOP’s and capacity building trainings of health care workers as required.
- Provides support to the COUNTRY PROGRAMMEME OFFICER for the development of quality project packages to be submitted for internal approval before project start up.
- Supports the COUNTRY PROGRAMMEME OFFICER in situ monitoring of progress and discusses adjustments to improve results and achieve objectives.
- Assist the country programme officer in the overall data and quarterly reports provided by HNS
The Norwegian Red Cross is a humanitarian organization whose work is driven by a desire to help others. It is committed to, and bound by, the fundamental principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and acts as the guardian of the Geneva Conventions.
Our work is volunteer-based and organized to ensure that we can reach people in need quickly and efficiently. The Red Cross has local branches throughout Norway, while the Movement has a global reach through its network of volunteers.
Given the frequency with which wars break out and the ever-recurring famines, the need may seem overwhelming. Therefore, it is important to know that a lot of people are also working to make things better.
The purpose of the Country Offices (CO) is to ensure implementation of Norwegian Red Cross International Strategy at country level through programme support to the National Society partner, as articulated and established in the approved Country Framework. This means that the CO is responsible for ensuring results-based project management, risk management, and operational in-country Movement coordination. Furthermore, the CO is responsible for ensuring project implementation in support to NS partners, in line with established project agreements and project plans. The CO ensures sound technical quality of all country projects, in line with established technical standards and best practices. The CO ensures that Norwegian Red Cross programme support is based on regularly updated humanitarian needs analysis in line with established practices. The CO represents Norwegian Red Cross in-country with regards to external partnerships and relationships. The CO is responsible for in-country security management.
- Qualified nursing or midwifery degree (Bachelor Degree)
- Registered nursing qualification
Personal qualifications, skills and knowledge
Skills and knowledge
- Track record of managing humanitarian projects in complex humanitarian setting
- Proven experience in working with vulnerable groups and marginalized populations
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent knowledge of word and excel
- Fluency in English in required. Working proficiency of regional languages is an asset
- Proven experience in providing technical trainings to HCW.
- Ability to work towards achieving objectives and results.
- Ability to convince and gain acceptance
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be solution oriented
- Collaborates well with others and supports others in the pursuit of team goals. Creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and is firm and reliable
– Consistently provide support to the project teams of the Host National Society and ensure that Norwegian Red Cross rules and guidelines are anchored among Host National Society personnel.
– Engage with the Country Programme Officer to ensure consistent result based, accountability towards Norwegian Red Cross rules and regulations, guidelines and deadlines.
Cover letter and updated CV to receive on May 25th, 2021, 03.00 pm the latest.