Purpose of The Position:
Emergency response to food and nutrition security crisis in Kabul, Nangahar, Balkh, Samangan and Jawzjan Provinces is an emergency response project with a duration of two years, implementing at five provinces in Afghanistan. The Agriculture Trainer have a key role in implementing project activities and well coordination with line departments in organizing the field activities so that the planning is followed, monitor the appropriate implementation of agriculture and livestock activities and following activities according to the plan, reporting to the Project Officer about the implementation of the activities. The Agriculture Trainer is expected to develop training material for conducting training for agriculture and livestock farmers, reporting any change in the conditions in the field, needs of the beneficiaries of the project or challenges related to the implementation of the activities.
- Develop/adapt training materials on agriculture and livestock topics based on project requirement.
- Conduct ToT to the local trainers on the developed training materials.
- Provide technical support, inputs and agricultural extension services to farmers.
- Conduct training sessions on pre-harvest techniques and with the consideration of Covid -19, to enhance productivity and avoid losing of products in the intervention areas.
- Evaluate the knowledge and skills of community members who received training to make sure that the training approach is in accurate manner.
- Develop agriculture inputs distribution plan and make sure the inputs distribution accurate with well coordination of district authorities and stakeholders / DAIL Dept.
- Enable to know the small ruminates diseases and make sure, there is no life-threatening diseases amongst livestock.
- Evaluates training by evaluating effectiveness of training on the field through local trainers.
- Support management on recruiting local trainers to replicate agriculture and livestock training at filed level.
- Regularly monitoring the performance of local trainers at field level
- Support local trainers on developing training materials for field level.
- Maintains safe and healthy training environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
- Provide training plan and conduct agriculture or livestock training in accordance with the approved curriculum.
- Conduct practical work and site visit to ensure the utilization of the skilled and knowledge gained through training.
- Conduct regular assessment on the progress of the agriculture and livestock farmers.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the filing/documents.
Identify trainees’ strengths and individual interests. Identify agriculture and livestock challenges in targeted areas and raise it in weekly or monthly reports.
- Coordinate with the MEAL team for the execution of MEAL plan, arranging sit visits/ meetings, preparation baseline, verification, PDM and midline or End-line survey, capacity assessments
- Promote safety and assess risks associated with the Trainees’ behaviors and activities in the training center under the direction of the Project Officer.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Undertake practical tasks relating to the support of the placements.
- Promote trainees’ equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities.
- Continue to develop own knowledge and practice.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the post. Preparation of weekly and daily movement plans, following WHH security rules in each of the implementation areas. Immediately report of any security risk or incidents to the security department. Coordination with the logistics and security departments in organization and arrangement of agriculture inputs distribution to the targeted farmers. Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Adhering to principles, policies and guidelines
- Full compliance with WHH rules, regulations and policies, implementation of corporate operational strategies, establishment of management targets and monitoring the achievement of results. Following absolutely binding the anti-corruption policy of Welthungerhilfe in all operations. Project compliance with corporate human resources policies and strategies.
- Under the strict supervision of Project Officer and/or Project Manager, establishment of healthy relationship and working arrangements with project stakeholders and ensure a transparent and correct communication with project stakeholders.
Welthungerhilfe it is one of Germany’s biggest non-governmental relief organizations. Non-profit making, politically independent and non-denominational, the organization is run by a Supervisory Board of honorary members under the patronage of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and public grants. Welthungerhilfe is working since the 1980’s continuously in Afghanistan and opened the first offices in 1992. Since this time Welthungerhilfe has implemented some 165 project in Afghanistan. Main fields of Welthungerhilfe intervention in Afghanistan are emergency relief, food and nutrition security, rural and regional development and water and sanitation.
Qualifications and Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Agriculture or any relevant disciplines. Minimum 3 years of progressive work experiences within an INGO or Afghan NGO managing large projects. Minimum of 3 years of experience in implementing emergency responses projects. Technical background in livelihood, food and nutrition security, including agriculture and livestock. Proven experience in well coordination and implementing field activities. Knowledge of good agriculture practices. Good English written and oral communication skills and as well both national languages.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum 3 years of progressive work experiences within an INGO or Afghan NGO managing large projects
One year with Possibility of Extension
Per WHH Salary Scale
The applicants should complete & submit only the WHH Recruitment Form with resume to the following email address (Candidate can download form from http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) and HR Database will not accept only resume of applicant.
Note: Only application send to below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
Please put the vacancy number and job title in your email subject or otherwise your email will reject from resume database