The incumbent of this position will not work directly with CARE, S/he will be intoduced to other organizations for learning
The Apprentices is hired to work in Herat province and is responsible for on time reporting and attending to where he or she is introduced. He/she will be gone under an Apprenticeship program to learn new skills and improve his/her capacity in order to be able to use the learned knowledge to be hired easily in future. However, his/her engagement with the Apprenticeship program will provide an opportunity to be placed in the companies/firms he or she is introduced. He/she will be reporting to CARE when required and will fill up the time sheet for the days worked.
- Key relations Reports to:
Ensures coordination with the companies/firms where introduced and CARE R3 project staff in Herat Duty Locations: Herat
Key Results Expected:
- Successfully attend the Apprenticeship program and provide faithful services to the companies/firms he/she is introduced.
- Able to learn new techniques during the Apprenticeship program for the field he/she is introduced as Apprentice
- Easily able to attend, keep record, provide evidences to show his/her capacity is improved
- Successfully attend the trainings (theory and on the job) as planned by the companies/firms or team in order to learn new methods and techniques which are helping him/her for successful capacity building
- Perform the allocated job of Apprentice according to the given plan and schedule during Apprenticeship period.
- Travel to the targeted company’s vicinity/assigned locations for Apprenticeship.
- Successfully perform the Apprenticeship approached in the assigned locations, within the allocated time frame and report to CARE for the time spent and techniques learned.
- Ensure accuracy of the work and highly keep the confidentiality of the companies/firms and Project and reporting any problems encountered during Apprenticeship to program staff immediately.
- Coordination with the companies/firms where introduced to work and CARE Herat project team. Handing over all the required document of the work/Apprenticeship program in an organized manner as per instructions.
CARE is a non-governmental, non political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need.
Must respect customs, culture and tradition of communities
Good Interpersonal and communication skills and team player
Ability in fast learning new skills and techniques
Honest, proactive and well mannered
Fresh graduate (graduated at least in 2020) from University or equivalent professional qualifications. Graduates of Agriculture, Livestock, veterinary, Education, medical institutes and faculty and business management are preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Fresh graduate of University (2020 graduates)
- Being IDP or Returnee is a plus and priority based on the project mandate and proposal
- Women/girls with the above criteria will be given more chance to be selected
- Ability to spare time for the Apprenticeship program and well enthusiasm for the job
- Having the graduation license in had as a proof for being graduated
- Ability to travel to the work distention and feeling responsible to report to CARE when asked
- Able to understand the work context easily and work hard to be hired full time after the Apprenticeship period is finished
Fluency in Dari and/or Pashtu, both written and spoken
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
As per organization salary scale
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to Afg.Vacancies@care.org before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (Apprenticeship App-01-2021 Herat) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Only Resedence of Herat province can apply for this post
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Security check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)