- Actively participate and contribute to strategic discussions, planning, project implementation and reporting (annual reporting to Ministry of Economy and HQ, audits, proposal development ect). Ensure that requested information is gathered, compiled, and reported to CO as required. Represent WHH and act as focal point for all stakeholders in area of implementation including community leaders, local authorities, partner organizations, WHH Country Office (CO), etc. Establish and maintain contacts with relevant stakeholders including relevant authorities, existing and potential partner NGOs, etc. Maintain complete and accurate project records in ProMIS database. Perform departmental responsibilities including trainings, operations, programming, and staff management. Organize and oversee workplans for staff under supervision. Evaluate employee performance and implement staff development plans. With aid of finance team, monitor the financial situation of the regional offices to ensure cost covering of operations. Coordinate with regional and country security teams to ensure risk and security management for the office and all field implementations. Travel to field offices and project areas for monitoring, training and meetings as required. Ensure all policies and procedures are effectively communicated and respected by the NRO team.
Welthungerhilfe it is one of Germany’s biggest non-governmental relief organizations. Non-profit making, politically independent and non-denominational, the organization is run by a Supervisory Board of honorary members under the patronage of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and public grants. Welthungerhilfe is working since the 1980’s continuously in Afghanistan and opened the first offices in 1992. Since this time Welthungerhilfe has implemented some 165 project in Afghanistan. Main fields of Welthungerhilfe intervention in Afghanistan are emergency relief, food and nutrition security, rural and regional development and water and sanitation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, with preference of Master Degree, in a relevant field (Project Management, Development studies, Organizational development, etc.)
- Minimum 5 Years relevant experience in program management or operational management for an (I)NGO
- Verbal and written fluency in English
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
5 Years at Relevant Field
One Year with Possibility of Extension
As per WHH Salary scale
- The applicants should complete & submit only the WHH Recruitment Form with resume to the following email address (Candidate can download form from http://www.acbar.org/applicationform)
- HR Database will not accept only resume of applicant.
- Only application send to below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
- Please put the vacancy number and job title in your email subject (Area Manager (Northern Region)-WHH/AFG-KBL/011) or otherwise your email will reject from resume database.