Job Description:Scope of Work/Job Summary:
The duties & responsibilities of the AutoCAD Engineer Specialist shall comprise (but not necessarily be limited to the following items).
Duties & Responsibilities:• Providing drawings and volume calculation for road-related structures such as bridges, culverts, retaining walls, side ditches, causeways, canals, and other necessary structures.
• Development and creation of standard templates, scales, and layering system;
• Automation of templates and attributes
• Prepares detailed layout, assembly, preparation of Design drawings detailing as per AASHTO, ACI, IS, and ministry of MoPWs standard;
• Professional knowledge of ductile detailing of structures for high seismic zones, especially for ductile detailing of bridges and retaining walls;
• Investigating structural drawing alternatives and developing preliminary cost estimates according to general parameters;
• Provide sound technical expertise when applying engineering principles, techniques, and methods for structural detailing of road-related structures such as bridges, culverts, retaining walls, causeways, canals, side ditches, and other necessary protection works;
• Promoting appropriate CAD standards and techniques for the purpose of capacity building of government staff and private sector companies in conjunction with conventional cad design standards.
• Managing Auto CAD engineers/Drafter in the team and guiding them to follow the work plan and timeline;
• Assisting in preparing and documenting the road-related structures submittals and other administrative activities
• Performs complex engineering structural detailing tasks effectively and accurately;
• Providing trainings to the trainees recommended to the road-related structures in AutoCAD;
• Assist Engineering Manager in supervising assistant and Junior Engineers;
• Track and report on project progress;
• The preparation of BOQ and technical documentation in accordance with the MoPWs standards;
• Participate in missions related to the project review and evaluation;
• Any other task assigned by the relevant head/supervisor;
The Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) is responsible for the planning, design, procurement, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the various transportation infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and its relevant drainage and retaining/protection structures in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
The Survey and Design Directorate carries out land surveys and designs of roads and roadway structures. The Directorate’s scope of work includes feasibility studies, topographical surveys, geotechnical investigations, hydrology and hydrologic analysis as well as geometric, pavement, bridge and other roadway structures’ designs.
The Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is recruiting qualified engineers to carry out pavement and roadway structures’ design and technical surveys of various segments along the Strategic Road Network as well as on rural roads throughout Afghanistan.
• professional knowledge of Auto CAD, Auto CAD Civil 3D, and Ms. Office;
• Must be able to deliver the cost-effective conceptual design of Road structures.
• Excellent English skills, both written and verbal. Fluent in Dari and Pashto, both written and Verbal.
• Ability to overcome challenges and work in difficult work environments/conditions;
• Min of bachelor degree in civil engineering, structural engineering, Architecture, Transportation engineering and master’s degree is preferred ;
• Having min of 4-years work experience with 2 years of relevant work experience;
• Knowledge of standard practices of structural detailing;
• Required verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Proven organizational and problem-solving skills;
• Perform any other road-related structure drawing duties and tasks as assigned by the head/supervisor.
• CV with an application form for the relevant position;
• Copy of verified Degree by the Ministry of Higher Education;
• Copy of verified Afghan ID Card (Tazkera) or Passport copy;
• Copy of verified last Posting Contract;
• Copy of other documents seems to be necessary.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Specific 2 years and general 4 Years
1 Year (with possibility of extension)
According to NTA Salary Scale (Grade-C)
Submission Guideline:Submission Guidelines: Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications; detailed CV and other required documents firstname.lastname@example.org indicate the vacancy number (MoPW/SRTAP /1400-70) and the post title (AutoCAD Specialist) in the subject line when applying by email to the Human Resource Unit – Sustainable Reform and Technical Assistance Project of Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) at Kabul, Afghanistan. Office Address: SRTAP Office, Railway Building, Kabul Jalalabad Road, in front of KMTC, MoPW, Kabul, Afghanistan. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for written exam and interview