PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position to provide leadership oversight and technical guidance to Cash and Food Assistance interventions and GIK management at World Vision Afghanistan in alignment with DMT standards and regulations. The position will also provide support and targeted coordination for humanitarian response and DRR within WV Afghanistan programme development and implementation. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Cash/Food Program Management-25%
- In coordination with the Programmes Team, ensure that Cash/Food Assistance projects are designed and developed in alignment with WVA Strategy, OP 2030, Sphere standards, DMT standards and other accepted standards
- Ensure timely and successful implementation of Cash/Food Assistance Projects in accordance with World Vision DMT and donor expectations.
- Provide direct oversight/coordination to all cash/food assistance project management in the zones.
- Monitor food and cash pipeline and inform relevant stakeholders of the potential implications in a timely manner.
- Foster integration of Cash/Food Programming with other sectors such as Food Security, Nutrition and Health, WASH and Education
- Ensure effective performance management through supervision of the HIRO Humanitarian Accountability Officer(CTS/LMMS Officer) and matrix relationships
- Coordinate with P&C to ensure timely recruitment and placement of project staff.
- Manage all GIK related activities; annual planning, import tasks, receipt and storage in warehouse, and all distribution related tasks.
- Ensure all operations are implemented as per donor’s Regulation and WV’s standards.
- Provide guidance on GIK type of items requested for import into Afghanistan.
- Develop & Manage the GIK tracking documents.
- Ensure proper warehouse management standards are in place.
Coordination and networking with other agencies and donors -15%
- Coordinate representation of WVA in National Coordination forums/Sector working groups/Clusters
- Manage engagements with Global GIK Team/DMT and Support Office
- Explore opportunities for new projects, funding opportunities and work with the Program officer to raise resources
- Establish and maintain good relations with donors
- Lead budget negotiations discussion with donors
Humanitarian Response & Disaster Risk Reduction-10%
- Support Response & Ops Director in Response Coordination
- Consolidate data for HEA Dashboards including the DM Scorecard
- Champion integration of DRR in all sectors
Financial and Contractual Management- 10%
- Manage the contractual processes of signing and implementation of the Field Level Agreements in liaison with DMT
- Liaise with finance in budget preparations for Cash/Food Assistance projects
- Provide oversight on the implementation of projects as per the approved budgets.
- Ensure timely reimbursement of funds by donors and commitment of funds Support Offices
- In coordination with finance, ensure timely submission of financial reports and timely project closure of projects.
- Ensure stewardship of Food Assistance resources such as Food Commodities, capital assets etc.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning and Reporting-10%
- Ensure timely submission of quality project reports to donors and uploading of reports to Disaster Grants Database.
- Ensure that CTS/LMMS system is in place and utilized to generate all reports.
- Ensure that complaints and feedback mechanisms are established to ensure that communities’ concerns are addressed.
- Ensure assessments, monitoring and evaluation of all Cash/Food Assistance projects as appropriate. E.g (PDMs/ OSDM/ EMMA/ RAM, PCMA etc)
- Ensure quality preparation of program reports/documents for dissemination to various stakeholders including timely uploading and approval in DGDB.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and collaborative learning through internal avenues such as community of practice
- Create an environment for innovations that will lead to operational efficiencies
- Facilitate development of risk registers for Food, Cash and GIK program
- Ensure management of risks associated with the Program
- Track all incidences that are potentially injurious to the program and identify mitigation measures according to the laid down procedures.
- Ensure that findings and recommendations from various accountability mechanisms such as Peer Review, Operational and Finance Audits, Programme evaluations, Programme Capability Review, Monitoring/Evaluation reports, Complaints & Response Mechanism reports are acted upon in a timely and effective manner.
Capacity Building- 5%
- Ensure all relevant trainings on Cash/Food Assistance &GIK are conducted.
- Support staff capacity development plans
- Provide coaching and mentorship to Cash/Food Assistance Staff
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- A bachelor’s degree in social sciences/community development or related fields. An advanced degree is preferred. Have at least 5 years’ experience in Humanitarian Industry and at least 2 years management experience of food/cash/commodity programming/DRR Experience in engaging with donors and fundraising Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Exposure to cash/food assistance programs within and without the country. Exposure to commodity/GIK and warehouse management. Work experience in implementing DRR and or emergency response programming They must have both an extensive conceptual understanding of and demonstrated practical command for implementing program design, management and evaluation principals The holder of this position must be a results orientated leader who can manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands. He /she must also have solid public relations skills and be a strong team player. Must be team player and have good management/supervision skills. Should be a problem solver and have good analytical skills. Must be computer literate Ability to effectively develop rapport and relate to donors, NGOs, counterparts, and government agencies Must be willing to work and live in harsh and demanding environment. Fluency in English and ability to write well and express ideas in a sensitive manner within the context of a humanitarian approach. Possess excellent presentation skills. Knowledge of humanitarian standards. Knowledge and Experience in World Vision DMT processes, food and cash programming and SO relationship is preferable.
- Typical office, warehouse and field based. The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Have at least 5 years’ experience in Humanitarian Industry
As Per WVA Salary Scale
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview. Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply. را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1208) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered. Mobile:+93 799 838 452 Dear Applicants, Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online. :متقاضیان محترم
منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شما را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنید