In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: WASH Officer
Staff reporting to this post: N/A Budget Responsibilities: N/A
Role Dimensions: PM, Project Assistant , MEAL Assistant , Supply Chain, Fleet, Admin
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Promotion and Messaging
- Promote community based hygiene messages in areas of operation by spending time with communities through home to home visits and distribution IEC materials.
- Engage and orient community based hygiene promoters in home to home visits.
- Identify barriers to access and inform the WASH Officer.
- Coordinate activities of the project with H&N Mobile teams and community elders to ensure that key stakeholders are engaged in the project.
- Participate in the capacity building activities of the project and deliver trainings where appropriate.
- Work to carry-out community based notification and mobilization meetings to support the commencement of hygiene promotion activities in target communities
- Put into action practical exercises, demonstrations, and role plays.
- Liaise/coordinate with committees and other beneficiaries for better implementation of project intervention. Monitor and document the progress of activities and the impact of the sensitising sessions through regular monitoring visits. Support WASH officers and other staff of the project in conducting community-based hygiene promotion campaigns. Support MEAL and other project staff in the implementation baseline and end line surveys. Report regularly to WASH Officer on project progress.
- With support from HR and the CSG Focal Point, ensure that all beneficiaries and community-based staff are receiving ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,• Violence against children is no longer tolerated We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued. SCI – Afghanistan Save the Children has worked in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work. We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
- Undergraduate degree in social sciences or a related discipline
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Work experience in WASH awareness
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills
- Representation skills
- Computer literate
- 1 years of experience in relevant field
- ‘Can do’ attitude with high levels of motivation
- Dari and Pashto proficiency in both speaking and writing
- Ability to work independently in the field.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
1 years of experience in relevant field
* Letter of Interest and Update CV as a single document
* SCI application form: http://www.acbar.org/upload/1572430756959.docx
- Save the Children International provides an equal employment opportunity and does not ask for money at any stage of recruitment.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse