To raise awareness on good child feeding and weaning practices and to rehabilitate malnourished children especially those suffering from Moderate Acute Malnutrition (MAM) and underweight.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To conduct community-based nutrition on job training for CHWs and community volunteers according to the MOPH CBNP training guideline and package.
- To ensure all requirements of a CBNP is met in community-based sessions.
- Establish first contact with target communities and explain the activities and objectives of the CBNP project to stakeholders and target populations.
- Organizing the training sessions and gathering the target groups.
- To ensure availability of nutrition Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials and supplies for all Community Health Workers (CHWs)/ volunteers and to ensure its usage by CHWs and volunteer groups.
- To perform regular monitoring and supportive supervision of community based nutrition activities and to provide appropriate inputs.
- To ensure growth monitoring/screening (weighing, measuring height and measuring mid-upper arm circumference) for all children under the age of five to assess the nutrition status and early detect Sever Acute Malnutrition (SAM) and Moderate Acute Malnutrition (MAM) cases.
- Follow up with CHWs/ volunteers in order to identify the nutrition status through utilizing the MUAC procedure.
- Registering and reporting all activities done at the community level in the CBNP sessions including number of training sessions conducted.
- To use all CBNP related reporting tools and ensure proper filling and timely submission.
- Carry out regular follow up of CHWs/ volunteers’ activities to ensure and encourage community members to improve their nutrition conditions.
- Mobilize communities to contribute in the implementation of the program.
- Work in collaboration with the stakeholders, specifically MRCA/RI BPHS and EPHS staff.
- Provide recommendations for key indicators and information that should be assessed as part of community-based nutrition assessment/ monitoring and supervision.
- Collaborate with other nutrition component representatives (including Infant, Young Children Feeding IYCF, micronutrients, IMAM, growth monitoring, and surveillance) for strengthening all community-based nutrition interventions.
- To explore several approaches for increasing the coverage of community based nutrition activities.
- To explore several approaches on strengthening screening and referral mechanisms.
- To undertake other related activities as requested by the Nutrition/health team to ensure overall efficient implementation of community-based nutrition activities.
- Comply with RI/MRCA policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Respect the target communities’ cultures, traditions and costumes.
- Respect all RI/MRCA policies, rules, and regulations.
- Travel across Nimroz districts as needed.
- Participate in assessments of community-based nutrition activities, including traveling to all target areas.
Relief International is a leading non-profit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
- Bachelor’s degree of Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health, Pharmacy with 2 years’ relevant experience or baccalaureate degree in nursing, midwifery, pharmacy with 4 years’ relevant experience.
- Have attended the full course of Community Based Nutrition Program (CBNP) TOT trainings.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Language skills: Fluent in local language (Pashto/Dari).
- The candidate must have the ability to work with different people and in different working environments.
Relief International Values:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
2 year experience
Based on Organization salary scale
The applicant should send their CVs and Cover Letters to the below email address:
Note: the applicants without position and vacancy number in subject of email will not be considered. Only short-listed employees will be call for the interview.