|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||3000-4000 AFN per workday|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||IRC (International Rescue Committee)|
|Years of Experience:||3-4 years|
|Contract Duration:||02 Months|
|Close date:||19 Jul, 2020|
About IRC (International Rescue Committee) :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- The main responsibility of Civil Engineer is to perform the following activities:
- Support in the successful implementation of all construction activities;
- Preparation of material and cost estimation bills for construction activities;
- Preparation of technical drawings and scope of work of the construction activities;
- Monitor the work of contractors and casual skilled and unskilled labours;
- Ensure the quality assurance and control measurements for the construction activities;
- Keep proper record of the material utilized in the construction work;
- Provide technical guidance to the site foremen, contractors, and casual labours;
- Contribute in preparation of Technical drawings, scope of works, terms, and condition for MSA and MPA tendering process relevant to this project;
- Ensure that the construction activities are finished within the allocated timelines and deadlines;
- Monitor use and repair of the construction material;
- Maintain good relationship with community and government sector;
- Perform any other duties as required or asked to do by the supervisor.
- Closely coordinate with related Government departments (DoRR, ANDMA, DRRD and etc.)
- Conduct meetings with related NGO/INGOs.
- Conduct meeting with contractor/supplier.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction and any other relevant field of study
- Minimum 3-4 years relevant work experience
- Experience in using construction-related software (e.g., Auto CAD, M.S Office)
- Experience working in a volatile security environment is essential
- Experience managing staff at the field level
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and written skills.
- Fluency in both local languages and English
interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department to the following address or email us on (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org).
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for written test and after that for interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
House 34, Street No.4 Taimani District 10, Close to Haji Mohammad Dad Mosque
- Address Kabul, Afghanistan
- Salary Offers 3000-4000 AFN per workday
- Experience Level Senior