- Keep office room floors, Yard, surfaces, furniture, walls, doors, windows, carpets cleaned and hygienic;
- Help HR/Admin Assistant to prepare and organize the meeting room for official meetings
- Assist in loading, unloading and movement of furniture, equipment, and office supplies
- To ensure toilets and office required items/supplies (soap, spry, towel) are cleaned and well organized
- Washing clothes related to international staff living in NRC guesthouses.
- Clean chimneys during winter time if required
- Notify supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to office building or guest houses
- Requisite supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, or remove decorations, tables, chairs, or ladders to prepare facilities for events, such as meetings
- In Coordination with HR/Admin Assistant clean and regulate the guest rooms and check the rooms before coming guests and after their leaving.
- Empty trashcans and ashtrays and make sure that all trash is properly disposed of.
- Clean and wash down windows and ensure that they are adequately dried.
- Wash down restrooms and ensure they are correctly sanitized.
- Replace light bulbs and identify maintenance issues.
- Lock the rooms properly at the end of the day.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff
- Disinfecting all rooms and office inventories to avoiding spreading of Covid19.
- Cleaning office and removing dust on assets like printers, scanners and ICT equipment.
- Perform all other work related duties which is given by her/ his supervisor
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
The purpose of this position is to find an experienced cleaner to provide service support to program and support team and will work closely with other cleaners under supervision of HR/Admin department.
Generic professional competencies:
- High/Secondary School Graduated
- Initiative and cooperative.
- Good facilitator.
- Honesty, Diplomacy, self-confidence and good capacity to listen others.
- Good abilities to communicate.
- Flexible with the time.
- Respect the NRC roles, regulation & Principles.
- Ability to cook and make different food and salad
- Physically strong.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- 2 years working experience with NGOs and expatriates is an advantage;
- Experience in cooking.
- Basic English and Pashto, ability to read/write Dari.
2. Behavioural competencies
These personal qualities influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Good facilitator
- Flexible with the time
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
2 years working experience with NGOs and expatriates is an advantage;
According to NRC Salary Scale
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CVs along with a cover letter to below mentioned e-mail. Please make sure to clearly state the (VA-2021-128) in the subject line of your email.
Submission email: Jamila.firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested qualified candidates can also submit their hard copy CVs with a Cover Letter stating the position title (VA-2021-128) number; to below addresses:
NRC Nimruz Office Address: District #1# Jawanan #8 infront of challanger english & Computer Institute – Nimroz Province.