The Communication Manager will be responsible for implementing and monitoring Integrity Watch’s communication strategy. S/he will be responsible to write, produce, disseminate and monitor communication products (press releases, videos, infographics) that are strategic and serve a wide range of audience, but particularly the Afghan media and population. S/he will also monitor and analyze current events and public and press opinion. Moreover, S/he will plan and coordinate scheduling and logistics for conferences, seminars or public appearances. The Manager will be responsible to supervise the day to day work of the communications team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Create and/or update effective communication strategies for the organization and oversee its implementation.
– Write and produce press releases, case studies, brochures and multimedia presentations that serve a wide range of audience, including Afghan media, government and citizens.
– Create and produce small multimedia productions to increase people’s awareness on the work of Integrity Watch including a monthly newsletter in English.
– Assure qualitative translation of Integrity Watch communication products into Dari and Pashto.
– Assure that different communication tools are available in Dari and Pashto and prepare Amanat magazine in Dari and Pashto.
– Collaborate with other departments to increase public outreach through radio, TV, internet and print media.
– Support advocacy campaigns by creating, organizing and coordinating adequate communication products.
– Monitor and analyze Afghan media outlets and increase Integrity Watch coverage on Afghan media and write guest entry blogs on integrity websites and create Integrity Watch podcasts.
– Monitor and analyze current events and public opinion to advice Integrity Watch ‘s senior management on engagement strategy and coordinate and organize press conferences Social Media
– Maintain Integrity Watch ‘s facebook, twitter and Youtube accounts in Dari, Pashto and English and create and maintain an Integrity Watch ‘s blog in Dari, Pashto and English.
– Manage media inquiries and arrange interviews, statements etc.
– Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
– Prepare events’ concept note and organize conferences and workshops in Kabul and provinces;
– Prepare event’s participants and speakers in consultation with advocacy, research and management.
– Follow up with the decisions or recommendations of the events in coordination with advocacy team.
– Supervise the communications team of Integrity Watch.
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increase transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan.
The mission of Integrity Watch is to put corruption under the spotlight through community monitoring, research, and advocacy. We mobilize and train communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries. We develop community monitoring tools, provide policy-oriented research, facilitate policy dialogue, and advocate for integrity, transparency, and accountability in Afghanistan.
Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. It has approximately 90 staff members and 381 Local Monitors. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Balkh, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa and Nangarhar.
Integrity Watch’s work has three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy. Integrity Watch tries to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work includes development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing and training communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries.
Our research work is focused on policy-oriented research measuring trends, perceptions and experiences of corruption and covering wide range of corruption related issues including security and justice sectors, extractive industries, budget and public finance management, and aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.
The aim of our advocacy work is to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledgeable decision-making and informed public debate on corruption and integrity. Our advocacy work includes facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We advocate for integrity of justice sector, access to information; budget transparency, accountability, and participation; aid transparency and effectiveness; social accountability; and other issues related to anti-corruption.
A Bachelor degree in Mass Communications, Journalism or any other relevant field is required. Master degree will be preferred.
3-5 years of working experience in the public outreach and communications.
Excellent story writing skills;
Excellent skills of report writing;
Skills in design, video production are an advantage.
Experience of producing content and management website is required.
Experience of managing social media platforms is an advantage.
Experiences of event management and conducting workshops and conferences;
Ability to translate documents in English Dari and/or Pashto;
Excellent computer skills of Ms, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and outlook;
Result-oriented and able to deliver within tight deadlines;
Willing to work overtime if requested by Integrity Watch management;
Ability to follow instructions;
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relate to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to: email@example.com In the e-mail subject line please write “Communications Manager “and your name.
The deadline for application is Feb 20, 2021. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received.