Under the supervision of Project Manager, the incumbent of this position will perform the following specific activities:
- The Community Mobilizers will be deployed to 4 districts (Arghandab, Daychopan, Kakar, Shah Joy ) of Zabul Province
- Apply hygiene standards in line with evolving MoE guidance and MoPH policy on COVID-19 prevention.
- Responsible for mobilizing community members including local leaders, teachers, parents and school Shura members.
- Organize meetings with local leaders, school Shura member, teachers, and students, and raise their awareness – share the awareness messages with them.
- Conduct community socialization and mobilization activities with target communities’ particularly door to door meetings.
- Organize community-based awareness raising sessions considering family based meetings on COVID-19.
- Support and follow-up the opening of accelerated and remedial classes for students who have fallen too far below grade level to be readmitted at the right placement.
- Train local community members and teachers (up to 5 per school) place, use and maintain water and hygiene supplies
- Supporting school staff and students focused on WASH knowledge and practices such as distancing behavior, Covid-19 symptoms’ identification and follow-up; in line with MoPH and MoE guidelines.
- Provide training to Shura members on school safe guidelines in accordance with MoPH policy on COVID-19, disseminate MoE outreach messages with respect to safe school reopening.
- Raise communities awareness on prevention and mitigation of COVID-19 risks.,
- Assist project team in conduction of awareness raising sessions and distribution of hygiene kits at the community level.
- Conduct meetings with children, families, and community leaders to bring changes in children lives and create a protective environment for them.
- Identification and reporting of key child protection issues at community level.
- Work closely with communities, families and youth.
- Perform any other relevant task as assigned by the Project Manager.
Social & Humanitarian Assistance Organization (SHAO) is a non-government, non-profit humanitarian social welfare organization. SHAO is registered as an Afghan NGO with Ministry of Economy (MoEc), Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. SHAO was founded on 22 January 2009. SHAO is based in Kandahar and has implemented projects in Kandahar, Helmand, Urozgan and Zabul. SHAO has implemented projects in child protection, community education, capacity building and advocacy.
SHAO is implementing a COVID-19 response project in the rural schools of Zabul province.
- Well communicate in local languages, English is plus
- Familiar with participatory districts and communities
- Strong communication skills especially any past experience of working with people at community level.
- Strong Coordination and Community Mobilization Skills
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with commun
09 month with 3 months probationary period
as per Organization salary scale
Please mention the vacancy number, position and province in the subject line of the email.
Applicants can apply through email or submit their CV and cover letter in hard copy to the following address: House#10, city district 6 (Shahr-e-Nau), Gozer (street) 1, block 26, Kandahar-Afghanistan.
Preference would be given to the local residents of the targeted districts of Zabul.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!