Womantiy Foundation is recruiting Computer Literacy Trainer in Kabul Afghanistan.
The Trainer will teach eleventh grade students Computer Literacy. The course will include teaching the latest version of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in addition with teaching internet usage. The trainees must be able to work and submit a project at the end of each program.
WF Background in Afghanistan:
The Womanity Foundation (WF) is a nonpolitical and nonprofit organization based in Geneva, Switzerland and registered in the United Kingdom as well as with ministry of Economy in Afghanistan.
Inspired by the UN Millennium Development Goals no. 3 and no. 5, Womanity aims to provide good quality education to girls in Afghanistan to offer them better academic and career opportunities and give them the opportunity to positively contribute in the society.
According to the strategy of Womanity and collaboration with the Ministry of Education MOE, Womanity refined what it would like to be its unique value added in Afghanistan and reformulated the scope and reach of the program advancing girls education in Afghanistan.
The foundation launched in 2011 the program “School in a Box: Advancing Girls’ Education in Afghanistan” and considering the needs of technology in the country, Womanity added a program named GCC to focus on the vocational training opportunities for the girls in grade 10 to 12 in the impact schools.
Through this program Womanity is organizing a three-year career excellency tech path for students in the mentioned grades. We also develop partnership with companies and organizations to offers internship opportunity to girls graduated from GCC program and provide them access to the labor market.
- Organizing and delivering classroom lectures to students of eleventh grade students six days per week in Womanity impact school.
- Preparing classroom and coursework materials i.e. homework assignments, and handouts.
- Evaluating students’ class work and assignments.
- Performing classroom management.
- Trainer should work towards achievement of the program objectives and in particular ensuring that students maintain a good attendance rate and learning achievements.
- The trainer must have good attitude to work with youth and motivate them in pursuing their professional and academic careers.
- The Trainer should keep track of data related to student: attendance, pre and posttest scores and material covered during the course as per the tracking files distributed by Womanity.
- During the course session according to the plan, pre-tests, post-tests, quizzes and final tests should be taken from students.
- After completion of each computer program, trainer must assign students a project. After collection of project, best projects should be announced.
- Support Womantiy Team for compiling data and reports related to the classes.
- Trainer needs to report on monthly bases the follow up data of both classes; the report must include attendance, quizzes, tests, and pre/posttests. The trainers must report to Womanity by end of each month considering all aspect of the program including success stories of the classes during the month.
- Conduct monthly meeting with school administration and parents to share the successes/challenges and aware them on any individual issues and report it to Womanity together with the monthly reports.
- It would be desirable to have candidates that can represent good role models for students.
The Candidate must have the following capabilities:
- Bachelor in Computer Sciences
- Fluency in English Language
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding best teaching methodologies.
- Ability of teaching and controlling well the class
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
3 years of work experience in related field
9 Months + Extension
As per organization salary scale
Interested Afghan female candidates with the required qualifications and experience should submit their updated resumes and motivation letters and three professional references with complete names and email addresses of people we can be contacted on their behalf; electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While submitting your applications please mention the Title of the position plus Vacancy Number in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documentation or educational certificates with your application. If you are short-listed, you will be asked to submit electronic copies of your educational certificates.
- Applications will not be accepted after the closing date of the position.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.