- Plan for food preparation (meals and snacks) within given budgets. Prepare and serve meals and snacks, as scheduled. Maintain superior hygiene and cleanliness in food preparation. Store food properly. Organize and maintain the kitchen, kitchen equipment, cooking utensils and dishes in good, complete and clean order.
- On a daily basis, straighten rooms and clean floors/carpets, surfaces and fixtures in assigned facilities to prescribed standards and in keeping with assigned schedules. Clean bathrooms and eating areas daily to maintain cleanliness and hygiene. Empty wastebaskets daily; prepare for scheduled trash pick-up; remove equipment boxes and shipping containers for storage or disposal, as directed. Sweep walkways, external stairs and outer areas at least once a day. Pick up and dispose of litter. Clean windows, refrigerators, fans, air-conditioners, lighting fixtures, as needed or scheduled. Wash carpets, as needed or scheduled. Maintain the order and cleanliness of cleaning supply closets and cabinets. Maintain cleaning equipment and materials in good and clean condition. Request cleaning supplies and equipment, as needed, in a timely fashion. Account for any expenditures, providing supporting valid and authentic receipts. Provide emergency or spot-cleaning assistance, as needed or requested. Maintain back-up supplies of water, as needed. Help to prepare rooms for meetings and other activities, as assigned. Identify and report maintenance concerns, including but not limited to: problems with plumbing, light fixtures, windows, doors, and cleaning equipment.
- Maintain a security watch throughout the assigned shift, staying awake and alert Conduct regular rounds in keeping with security directives Note and report problems, including suspicious activities and behaviour and maintenance concerns Maintain security logs in keeping with IRC policies and procedures Respond to emergencies and other problems in keeping with IRC guidelines, policies and procedures Participate in professional training and development activities, as needed or requested
- Procure food and cleaning supplies at best quality and best price. Account for expenditures, providing supporting valid and authentic receipts.
- Uphold the mission, values, and spirit of IRC in all internal and external interactions. Follow all IRC codes of conduct (worldwide and in-country), including but not limited to the Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct and Drug and Alcohol Policy. Report any violations to appropriate IRC authority, and participate in preventative initiatives. Follow all IRC organizational policies, procedures, and guidelines (worldwide and in-country), including but not limited to personnel, security, communications, finance, procurement, and logistics. Report any violations to appropriate IRC authority. Participate in professional training and development activities, as needed or requested. Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
About IRC (International Rescue Committee) :The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Good health and personal hygiene Demonstrated cooking skills, with previous professional experience and/or training preferred Proven ability to maintain superior standards of cleanliness and hygiene Basic literacy and math skills Responsiveness to direction and willingness to learn
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
6 Months (Extendable)
Grade (H) Step 1-3 NTA Salary Scale
Submission Guideline:Note: Application received without exact position title and location will be directly disqualified from the process. interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department at the following address or email us on (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org). Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for an interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul Qala-e-Fathullah, Street 3, close to Takyakhana-e-Fatimia, District 10