Purpose of The Position:
Under the supervision of the MEAL Coordinator, the Data Management Specialist’s responsibilities include conducting activities and design to provide day-to-day technical and statistical support to WHH’s programmes. The Data Management Specialist will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. He/She will be responsible to maintain data quality checks and also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. He/she will also be responsible to develop/creating and/or managing a large, functional, and secure database as per the requirements and needs of the programmes. The analyst must have an intermediate to an advanced level understanding of data analysis using analytical software and some solid practical experiences in database developments, knowledge management portals, and their usage.
The duties of the Data Management Specialist will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Ensure adherence to WHH’s policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Under the direction of the MEAL Coordinator, the Data Analyst will work to design/develop, test, maintain, support, and improve the databases and database management systems for WHH Afghanistan.
- Participate in developing and designing database(s) that maintains and organizes WHH Afghanistan activities data and provides support in reporting, project tracking, and data analysis.
- Build the capacity of WHH staff in database use (including basic analysis and visualization) through ongoing support and training.
- Provide technical guidance and troubleshooting support for field staff.
- Analyze and report regularly to the MEAL Coordinator on the progress and quality of the programme and MEAL data collected over time.
- Produce and file statistical and graphical reports as requested by the MEAL Coordinator.
- Support the rollout of new data collection system by supporting the MEAL Coordinator and other MEAL staff in survey designs and integration, as well as capacity building on systems use.
- Support in data cleaning and management efforts and building teams’ awareness and capacity in committing to data quality principals during data collection exercises.
- Support in creating tools and templates for output monitoring based on the various types of activities implemented and support in counting and reporting on beneficiaries reached.
- Conduct random data quality spot checks and help maintain sound data quality of datasets collected over the multitude of ongoing activities.
- Take responsibility for adapting and testing the database and develop system procedures/manuals.
- Ensure data protection principles are committed to at the organizational level across the different teams.
- Implement database security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Aim to continuously develop personal and organizational expertise on information management issues (using training, distance study, experience sharing with partners, etc.)
- Support research and study activities on IM related issues
- Participate in promoting and maintaining a healthy work environment free of SEA among staff and with WHH beneficiaries
- Perform other tasks as required.
Welthungerhilfe it is one of Germany’s biggest non-governmental relief organizations. Non-profit making, politically independent and non-denominational, the organization is run by a Supervisory Board of honorary members under the patronage of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and public grants. Welthungerhilfe is working since the 1980’s continuously in Afghanistan and opened the first offices in 1992. Since this time Welthungerhilfe has implemented some 165 projects in Afghanistan. Main fields of Welthungerhilfe intervention in Afghanistan are emergency relief, food and nutrition security, rural and regional development and water and sanitation.
- Strong IT skills – particularly with Microsoft Office suite (strong Excel skills essential); Experience using Akvoflow, KoboToolbox, or Commcare is required; Data management and analysis skills are essential; Excellent understanding of local context needs and challenges of the local communities. Has good time management skills and can take on multiple work streams simultaneously. Nice, approachable, and open-minded personality willing to work in multicultural/multinational setting. Highly approachable, trustworthy, and confidential Excellent sense of humor, patience, and great attitude is essential to the position.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in the following languages: English and Dari/Pashto Team working skills Good understanding of NGO/INGO functioning and culture. Good problem solving and clear communication skills (listening, writing and speaking). Strong skills in database systems (PostgreSQL, SQL server, MySQL) are preferred. Good understand of INGOs work culture
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
3 years experience in related field
One Year with Possibility of Extension
As per WHH Salary scale
- The applicants should complete & submit only the WHH Recruitment Form with resume to the following email address (Candidate can download form from http://www.acbar.org/applicationform)
- HR Database will not accept only resume of applicant.
- Only application send to below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
- Please put the vacancy number and job title in your email subject or otherwise your email will reject from resume database.