Duties & Responsibilities:
Database Management System Implementation
1. Maintain the country’s central and project-specific databases;
2. Ensure all data is entered and updated in the databases and tables;
3. Support the AME Officer and Monitors/Surveyors in ensuring that data is collected in a timely and accurate manner according to the reporting and monitoring requirements;
4. Check the quality of the data submitted by field staff;
5. Liaise with field staff regarding missing data, eventual mistakes, data discrepancies, and/or inconsistencies;
6. Perform “clean data” when needed;
7. Ensure proper filing of hard and soft copies of survey questionnaires, lists of beneficiaries, or other data collection tools or documents;
8. Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the databases as required;
9. Implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability;
10. Provide database technical support to ACTED teams, and troubleshoot both hardware and software issues.
1. Verify the accuracy of the data collected during assessments;
2. Clean data collected during assessments and flag any issues to the relevant departments;
3. Extract queries, figures, and reports from the database;
4. Generate data visualization such as charts, graphs, and tables to be included in communication tools, reports, assessments, and any other documents as per needs;
5. In collaboration with the AME Officer, provide data analysis of projects’ activities and assessment data;
6. Support the improvements of the data collection tools and processes and pilot new ideas with assessment teams in the field.
1. Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
2. Participate in database-related workshops and meetings as required;
Perform any other related activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency toward opportunities for longer-term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 14 north, northeastern, East & West provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts, or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH, and food security.
Minimum 3 years of working experience with INGOs or NGOs in relevant positions (Database).
Those who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria should send their updated CV to the below submission Email:
Kindly mention the Vacancy Number, Position Title along with province name in the subject line of your email or your application may not be considered.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the next stage of recruitment.
No CV will be received after closing date.