Deputy General Manager System is responsible for the overall functioning of UNIX based systems and Windows server platform. The administrator will install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot respective server Operating system, additional components and other applications installed over this server platform. Provide level 3 and level 4 support to helpdesk offices and ensure safe computing environment by applying domain policies. He or She should have expertise in one of the Operative System Platform (Unix based / Windows-based).
The Deputy General Manager -System Admin reports to his General Manager and CIO / DCIO.
– Responsible for the overall installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of UNIX based systems OR Windows server infrastructure including storage and related file system, additional component and applications used in New Kabul Bank.
– Accountable for the overall security infrastructure of UNIX based or Windows based servers and related infrastructure at New Kabul Bank.
– Establishes, maintains and patching for the systems and servers used in the New Kabul Bank specially UNIX related system or Windows Based system.
– Responsible for managing and implementing Change management related to hardware and software changes in Servers.
– Accountable for the application of IT Department policies pertaining to UNIX based andWindows server based platform and related storage.
– Monitors and reviews system logs and detect and troubleshoot problems.
– Writes basic technical assigned operating system documentation.
– Demonstrates in day-to-day work adherence to security best practices and New Kabul Bank access control and security policies.
– Establishes and maintains suitable resource and performance monitoring on all systems.
– Provides Level 3 and level 4 technical supports and customer service directly to end users through ticketing system and periodically through screen sharing.
– Demonstrates day-to-day adherence with change control precepts and practices.
– Discovers and communicates potential service problems through identifying patterns occurring across separate help desk tickets and customer reports.
– Works efficiently with minimal guidance from Lead administrators.
– Knowledge sharing and training of fellow team members.
– Responsible for interacting with Support Vendor for assistance.
– Any other task assigned by immediate supervisor, CIO or DCIO from time to time.
– Implement and timely review System related policies and suggest changes to System General Manager according to current technological challenges and threats.
– Physical checkup of all the System Servers and on call availability 24/7 and ensures 100% uptime of servers and work as a team.
New Kabul Bank started its banking activities on 18 April 2011 by having received its license as a commercial bank under banking system of the country. Ministry of Finance is the shareholder of New Kabul Bank.
New Kabul Bank is operating by CBS system and providing services for valued citizens by covering a wide network in more than 116 branches with professional and experienced cadre.
Minimum Bachelor of computer sciences/ Information Technology /Information System/Business Administration. Microsoft Certified OR Red Hat Certified OR Sun Certified will be given preference
Minimum 2-3 years of experience in System Administration especially in AIX or Sun Solaris and Windows Based system, System Design and system availability. Experience in writing technical documentation and manual.
Excellent time management and troubleshooting skills, work well under pressure, good interpersonal skills and whenever required work late hours.
Work with IT Sections and team. Whenever there is any technical issues effecting the smooth operation of the bank.
AVALIBALITY: On call availability.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
One year – Ext.
As per organization salary policy per month
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CV and educational and work certificates to the firstname.lastname@example.org All candidates short-listed for interviews will be directly contacted.
Kindly copy the vacancy number and past it in your e-mail subject line with the position title, otherwise you won’t be short listed.