Objective of post
Management of the Human Resources (National Staff Recruitment, onboarding, capacity building & PSEA management.
Acting as the HR HOD when the HoD is absent.
Mission 1: Participate in the definition, implementation and follow up of the national HR policies. Procedure and tools for the mission Under the supervision of HRHOD and in collaboration with the bases’ HR Managers:
- Ensure the update and implementation of HR procedures and tools on the bases Ensure a legal/regulatory watch on any new text that impact the HR management of the mission Contribute, with the HRHOD, to the collection of necessary information and the revision of HR policies Participate in the revision of the HR strategy and its implementation follow up Contribute to the elaboration of the HR cost and annual HR budgets Provide technical support to the HR managers on the bases Check the bases’ monthly reports and synthetize into a mission’s report Have regular field visits and providing support to the HR bases in relation to staff recruitment, on-boarding, capacity building and PSEA management Ensure harmonization of HR policy, procedures and tools in the mission.
Mission 2: Supervising national staff contracts and disciplinary measure and ensuring the coherence of work organization Under the supervision of HRHOD and in collaboration with the bases’ HR Managers:
- Prepare employment contracts and other documents link to new employee joining Follow up on the end of contract dates for all national employees including final settlement and end of contract benefit and producing work certificates, exit clearance and interview Verify the JD revised by managers Capitalize and prepare consolidated organizational charts for the mission Check the bases’ HR statistics and elaborate the mission’s HR indicators Prepare necessary HR files in case of audits, and HR reports to the authorities Acts as the focal point for managing and updating the organization chart and ensure a close coordination with each head of department for the update of departmental structure Ensure the field offices updates their organization chart and shares them on a monthly basis Ensure the disciplinary measure are respected and follows the internal regulation process
Mission 3: Provide training for all managers for all HR policy, procedures, and template and promote career development Under the supervision of HRHOD and in collaboration with the bases’ HR Managers:
- Plan recruitments and participate in recruitment interviews, when required Plan induction briefing for new employee and onboarding process. Ensure exit interview and clearance of exiting employees are accomplished Ensure proper follow up of the procedures, implementation and respect of the annual appraisal system Contribute to the construction of the annual training plan of the mission, implementation and achievement report Develop relationships with universities and partners in the frame of the recruitment and training policies Support the base HR Managers in the implementation of the tools and procedures for recruitment, appraisals, trainings and career management
Mission 4: Participate to the internal communication and to the sustainability of professional relations with external partners With the support or by delegation of HRHOD:
- Organize, participate and/or animate staff information meetings Elaborate and communicate internal HR notes for the bases Receive staff requests and grievance and inform the HOD Participate in the meetings with local authorities and organizations (Labor Inspection, Ministry of Labor, insurances, social welfare, …) Represent ACF during external coordination meetings Coordinate and prepare audit required data, response and follow up, whether internal or third-party audit
Mission 5: Manage the Human Resources team and the home staff in capital
- Day-to-day management of the HR team in capital and home staff (guidance, follow-up, motivation…) Identify recruitment needs and recruit the team members Evaluate the performance and developing the skills of the team members Identify the training needs of the team
Mission 6: Participate to staff capacity building plan of the mission
- Prepare the capacity building plan for all national staff with close follow up of all departments and HR HoD. Arrange and facilitate the trainings & Identify the training needs of the team
based on department’s needs. – Function as the focal point for talent bridge platform, update staff for the new training & session in the talent bridge and register new employee account activation and de-activation Mission 7: Prevent and manage cases of fraud, corruption & PSEA The Deputy Head of Human Resources Department is responsible for:
- identifying the risks of fraud and corruption in his/her field of competence and putting in place preventative and monitoring mechanisms making his/her team aware of the risks of fraud and corruption; alerting the Country Director to cases of fraud and corruption and undertaking corrective action present PSEA policy to new and current staff and ensure the application of the policy Ensure poster and reporting mechanisms are in place and visible to all staff. Put in place and monitor recommendations arising from the day-to-day control and audit
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. AAH has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, and water and sanitation fields since 1995.
Bachelor Degree + 3 years higher education in HR and at least 5 years’ professional experiences in HR
Knowledge of collective and individual management fundamentals : local labor law/regulations, staff representation, remuneration and social benefits, payroll and staff administration, recruitment, training, career management)
Team management – organizational skills and management of priorities – good analysis skills – high sense of confidentiality – diplomacy – good relational skills – good English knowledge (oral and written) – computer literate (word and excel, outlook)
- Able to develop a global and long-term vision
- Be sensitive to others and to the environment
- Able to mentor and transfer its knowledge
- Able to argue, convince, lead a negotiation
- Able to develop, maintain and mobilize a professional external network
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
9 Months (Extendable)
As per AAH Salary Scale
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (with three Referees) indicating the vacancy announcement reference to the address: Human Resources Department KLoffice: Kabul city, PD #10, Qala-e-Fatehullah,House #4, AAH office or can also be emailed to:
email@example.com no later 15th of March -2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
In the e-mail subject line, please put job title & vacancy number of the position you are applying for, otherwise your applications will not be screened.
Do not submit academic certificates with the application. These can be requested if the candidate is selected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test/interview.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer