- Serves as a primary link between the Finance, Operations, and administrative functions to ensure communication and coordination issues in support of program implementation.
- Overall responsibility of the program’s financial management, working closely with procurement, operations, and technical teams to support financial stability, project viability, consistency with agreed plans, and actual implementation.
- Ensures accounting practices are in compliance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assist the Home Office Financial Team in the preparation of Financial Results for the donor on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure reconcile of project asset accounts on a monthly basis
- Update regarding the current policies, processes, and systems necessary to efficiently manage and synchronize CBARD’s financial, operations, and administrative activities.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present reports in an accurate and timely manner; communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; analyze progress, prepare financial outlooks and financial forecasts, and keep Director of Finance and Operations abreast of any changes or anomalies.
- Assist in preparing the project budgets and financial reports.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing monthly and quarterly reports to the home office and donors.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all compliance practices are implemented based on up-to-date donor and organization regulations.
- Utilize current transactional and financial systems and make recommendations for ongoing improvements in functionality as required and ensure staff adheres to recommended practices and procedures.
- Oversee advance receivable and accounts payable.
- Provide oversight on bank reconciliation and employee expense reports.
- Oversee and review the Tax reporting and tax payment monthly with accounting specialist complying with Afghan Income Tax Law.
- Prepares monthly projection and follow up closely with the relevant department to ensure disbursement occurs as projected.
- To review Procurement Contracts and agree to all clauses involving payment terms, deliverables, penalty, and closure of contract requirements for processing the payments.
- Analyzes expenses and revenue to actuals posted.
- Assists in the preparation and review of budget realignments, narrations, and justifications.
- Generate monthly program accruals.
- Coordinate activities of finance, operations, and procurement teams to produce realistic monthly and quarterly projections.
- Assist with monthly financial reporting, and various ad hoc reports.
- Assist with the monthly close process.
- Assist oversight and direction to the Procurement and Operations units working directly with each unit’s supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Roots of Peace is a humanitarian organization that has worked in war-torn countries around the world with our partners to remove the remnants of war, landmines and unexploded ordinance, and restore the land in order to rebuild peaceful communities for generations to come. For the past twenty years, the Roots of Peace award-winning “Mines to Vines” approach has impacted one million farmers and families, enabling the exports worth over $150 million to international markets. Since beginning our work in Afghanistan in 2003, Roots of Peace has worked with agricultural value chains in every province of the country resulting in 100,000 tons of exports, creating over 9,000 full-time agribusiness jobs that benefited more than 38,000 families from these value chain approaches. From farmers to exporters, Roots of Peace develops entire agricultural value chains by implementing the ROP Development Model which is designed to serve as a catalyst to generate much broader impact industry-wide – improving incomes for smallholder farmers, bringing peace to rural communities, transforming national industries.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Finance with donor agencies, USAID, United Nation-funded projects, ADB, World Bank, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting software. Proficiency in complex accounting systems and advanced level MS Excel skills. Excellent solution-based management and analytical skills. Fluency in English (working language), and language skills in Pashto and Dari. Knowledge management, finance, and compliance experience. Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, including presentation skills – in local and English languages Focuses on results and program achievement. Strong sense of personal initiative and problem-solving skills.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum 10 years of experience in Finance with donor agencies, USAID, United Nation-funded projects, ADB, World Bank, etc.
1 year (Extendable)
As per NTA salary scale, Grade-B
Interested incumbents are kindly requested to submit their application, through following email address, and please note to write vacancy number and job title on the subject line of your emails.