Provide general OPD services to all targeted population as well as provision of mental health services according to the Mental Health Gap Action Programmed (MHGAP) aims to scale up care for priority mental, neurological and substance use conditions (depression, psychosis, epilepsy, developmental disorders, behavioral disorders, dementia, drug use, and suicide/self-harm).
- Work in collaboration with the mobile team members and lead the activities
- Provide Primary health care services including triage, first aid, trauma-care and control of essential communicable & Non-communicable diseases.
- Assess the psychological status and provide psychological treatment, and refer complicated cases
- Work in collaboration with the nurses and midwifes to ensure quality medical care provision.
- Management of childhood illnesses according the IMNCI protocol
- Diagnosis and appropriate course of treatment to the clients based on the MoPH approved guidelines on best quality manner in particular for SAM, MAM and respective diseases.
- Assessment, diagnosis and management and evaluation of all mental health illness as follow:
- Acute stress (ACU)
- Grief (GRI)
- Moderate-severe depressive disorder (DEP)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Psychosis (PSY)
- Epilepsy/seizures (EPI)
- Intellectual disability (ID)
- Harmful use of alcohol and drugs (SUB) Suicide (SUI) Other significant mental health complaints (OTH).
- Complete and properly fill the individual card with the medical information.
- Ensure that the clinic has an updated contact list for referrals for the care of MNS conditions.
- Manage both mental and physical conditions in people with MNS conditions
- Prepare messages for the community about available MNS care (e.g. Purpose and importance of MNS care, services available at the clinic, clinic location and hours).
- Discuss the messages with community leaders.
- Ensure confidentiality. Health records should be stored securely.
- Refer the complicated cases to higher level of services and follow-up of referred cases
- Identify data needed for input into the health information system
- Compile weekly and monthly reports and share with line manager over the time.
- Raise regular supply request to line manager and ensure securing of mobile team supplies including therapeutic food and drugs.
- Provision of monthly pharmaceutical consumption report.
- Make referral system for any cases that need extra services (EPHS).
- Any other duties as delegated by supervisor.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (Faryab) interventions.
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.
World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
Required Professional Experience:
2-3 years’ experience providing medical treatment in a hospital or clinic setting
2. Experience working with MoPH and DoPH reporting requirements
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
Medical degree from accredited Afghan or regional university
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications.
- Experience working in emergency situations preferred
- 1-2 years working with local or international NGO’s preferred
- Very good communication skills with staff and communities
- Strong organizational skills and conflict resolution skills.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
This is 100% designated field job (Provision of primary health care services in composition of mobile health team in the targeted districts. (Almar, Qaisar, Pashtun kot, Ghormach)
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
2-3 years’ experience providing medical treatment in a hospital or clinic setting Experience working with MoPH and DoPH reporting requirements .
As Per WVA Salary Scale
The application closing date is 01-Jan-2022. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to email@example.com.
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1239) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
- Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1239) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Mobile:+93 799 838 452
“For those who may distribute our announcement in other social media (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp etc….), this is kindly asked to please copy the vacancy link from ACBAR job site and share it with your posts”. No translation to local language or edit of the vacancy is permitted.
:نوتلطفا سی وی خویش را بیشتر از یک بارارسال ننمایید ارسال مکررسی وی تان به بست فوق باعث پرشدن صندق دریافت سی وی ها خواهد شد و ما قادر نخواهیم بود تا سی وی تانرا دانلود کنیم