Essential tasks include the following:
- Drive for ACBAR as scheduled using good driving skill
- Receive user slip for vehicle or permission from administration and following all traffic rules and regulations
- Keep phone charged, active with phone credits at all times when on duty
- Inform administration about any changes in driving times and duty when out of the office
- Ensure that riders fill out the log sheet and sign, log daily mileage, oil changes, etc
- Call administration when arrive on site to communicate and find out other driving assignments
- Perform day maintenance of the vehicle
- Perform minor repairs and keep the vehicle clean inside and outside
- Check that the vehicle tank is at least half quarter full at all times with gasoline/diesel
- Follow the procedures in the event of an accident to include first action check for safety and injury, then call administration management, after take other actions that may include get the license plate of the other car, if needed get the Police on site followed later by the official Police report, make sure the guard stays in the car
- Follow the regulations, staff policies and respect the organization structure
- Perform any other task as requested by Line Manager and/or Senior Management including assisting colleagues in other departments.
The Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief and Development (ACBAR) is an independent forum founded in 1988 in response to the demand from NGOs working with Afghan refugees in Pakistan and across the border in Afghanistan to more efficiently coordinate assistance and delivery of services. With its main office in Kabul since 2002, ACBAR brings together 168 National and International NGOs working in in all sectors of humanitarian assistance and development in Afghanistan. Its activities focus heavily on information to its members and the aid community in general, coordination of activities at the national and regional levels, and advocacy on issues affecting the work of its members in Afghanistan. ACBAR has a mission to provide an efficient platform for members to carry out effective humanitarian, development, and peace building activities in Afghanistan. The members are the drive behind ACBAR, and their active participation is essential to ACBAR’s continued dynamism.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and/or ATTRIBUTES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or attribute required.
- Ability to drive and have a valid Afghan Driver’s License at all times when driving
- Ability to follow instructions and to ask for help when necessary
- Courteous and polite when representing ACBAR
EDUCATION, TRAINING and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school preferred or 3 years driving experience
LANGUAGE SKILLS, MATHEMATICAL SKILLS AND REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to communicate meeting details, security issues and other information to colleagues and management
- Ability to speak Dari and Pashto, some English preferred
- Ability to ensure that the vehicle is working properly and has enough fuel
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
3 years driving experience
contract through 31 December, 2022, which is renewable depending on funding and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with ACBAR salary scale.
- Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience may submit their current CV and cover letter detailing their motivation to apply and why they are best suited for the position.
Please submit your application (i.e., cover letter and CV), both in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Driver in the subject line no later than 19 May,