The Driver will work within the Logistics department of Operational Support structure, committed to provide reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The driver will provide safe, transport services for MC program and support staff in the described AOR (Area of Responsibility). The driver will adhere to all traffic and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC transport department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Undertake daily checking on his vehicle (follow the instruction of log book.)
- update daily the log-book for each trip (km start – km stop – hour departure time – hour arrival to destination )
- Wash and clean his vehicle weekly; washing the chassis daily;
- Report defects to the TM without delays;
- Take care the security of the passengers;
- Do small maintenance under the supervision of the chief mechanic or the mechanic.
- The driver will work under supervision of the Security Officer as well as Head driver.
- The driver should have the trip ticket approval before leave the office.
- Handover the car from day duty driver and return back clean and will maintain to day driver.
- Operate MC vehicles as assigned by supervisor;
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with MC policies/regulations;
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to transport management;
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times;
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business;
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
- Undertake field assignments as assigned;
- Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact. We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, colour, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Job Requirements:Valid driver’s license and experience in driving 4×4 vehicles. 2 years of experience. Must respect and adhere to all safety and traffic rules. Basic understanding of English and fluency in all local languages is required and graduate of high school. Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, NGO and diplomatic community is required.
Submission Guideline:While sending your CV & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration. Please include three references from you previous and current supervisors in your CV and make sure that their official email addresses are mentioned in the reference information. Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates should send their Application to : firstname.lastname@example.org