Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Securely Drive vehicle for authorized personnel, staff and/or visitors as required for day-to-day business around the city or on longer journeys around the country, undertake field trip as assigned.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle including checking the oil, water, fuel battery, brakes, tires, windscreen washer, lights etc. on daily basis. Will be responsible for performing minor repairs and arranging for other repairs.
- Ensure NAC vehicles are always maintained in a road-worthy condition and ensure NAC vehicles are maintained according to the established vehicle maintenance schedule.
- Make sure that every morning the check list is ticked; vehicle is clean and ready for travelling (Full fuel tanks, tires pressure and etc.).
- Ensure any repairs are carried out as necessary in a timely manner. Establish and carry out regular maintenance schedule for the vehicle. Maintain records of major repair/ maintenance works on the vehicle, e.g. replacement of major parts, tires, batteries, body spraying, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring NAC vehicle carries logbooks (both fuel and journey description), ensure logbooks are properly maintained/completed, and ensure that it is signed off by the passenger on a daily basis. Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Ensure vehicles are kept well-fueled in case of emergency or unforeseen events.
- Ensure that all necessary legal documentation and permits (both for vehicle and self) are carried.
- To ensure that the vehicle is fully equipped with essential emergency equipment including first aid kit, towrope, mobile telephone, alarm, torch, spare tire, spare fuel can (metal), water, toolbox, shovel, compass, chain.
- Ensure all vehicles parked in NAC compound face towards the gate.
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) is a member-based solidarity organization that has been working in support and solidarity with the Afghan people for more than 35 years. NAC works in the following sectors: Education, Gender and Human Rights, Governance and Civil Society, Health, Food Security and Job Creation and Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation. NAC’s vision is that NAC shall contribute to an Afghanistan free of poverty where equality, democracy, human rights and respect serve as the bases for political action and development.
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) has a zero tolerance of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH) both within the organization and of beneficiaries. Prevention of and protection from sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (PSEAH) is the individual and collective responsibility of all NAC officers, management, staff, consultants, and volunteers, who are all required to familiarize themselves with, agree to, and act in accordance with NAC’s Ethical Guidelines and Commitment, NAC Child Protection Policy, and NAC PSEAH Policy, at all times – both during and outside working hours – and participate actively in introductory and refresher trainings. Any breaches of PSEAH clauses in NAC’s policies, guidelines, and/or commitments will lead to immediate termination and possible legal actions.
Language requirements, if any:
- 12 Grade will be preferred Age should be above 35 years old
- Bus Driver
- Know of vehicle maintenance
- Regular maintenance schedule for the vehicle.
The NAC is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply.
The NAC offers: An encouraging and team-oriented working atmosphere • Significant career challenges that will test and enhance the skills of the incumbent • Interesting and worthwhile work in a growing organization • Competitive salary packages
How to apply: Please, send your application (CV and cover letter not exceeding 800 KB) to: email@example.com
No application will be considered after the closing date of the vacancy.
The priority will be given to the field applicants (Duty station of the vacancy)