Duties & Responsibilities:
- Play a leading role in coordinating all assessments and ERM actives in designated area. Ensure Joint Assessment Teams are adequately staffed with diverse representation. Identify focal points at partner organizations who can lead Joint Assessment Teams. Determine team priorities and allocate staff to various ERM activities accordingly. Set up an oversight mechanism and a system for verifying data collected by partners. Understand partner capacities and ACTED’s non-ERM activities in area of operations. Support teams to link IDPs with early recovery and longer team development initiatives. Develop SOPs to improve coordination and information-sharing among partners.
SUPPORT TO FIELD TEAMS
- Participate in assessment activities as needed to ensure oversight and provide support. Prepare and deliver training internally and initiate training partnerships and deliver training to partners to ensure standardization of ERM activities. Report all cases of rapid onset natural disaster and conflict to ERM Project Manager. Ensure teams understand data collection protocols and are able and confident to identify eligible beneficiaries using standardized cluster validated data collection tools in the field. Oversee the organization of cash distributions by finalizing beneficiary lists, supporting teams to call back beneficiaries and coordinating with partners to identify distribution sites that are physically accessible to beneficiaries and that protection concerns are considered. Ensure all ERM activities are implemented in accordance with ACTED/ECHO guidelines. Develop expertise in household level assessment and provide feedback to improve data collection tools and efforts. Support teams to understand and meet project deadlines for different ERM activities.
- Negotiate locally and at district level to ensure successful project implementation with minimal interference. Ensure government and non-government stakeholders clear understand project objectivise and methodologies. Create guidelines to clarify the roles & responsibilities of government and non-government actors in all aspects of ERM activities to ensure protection of beneficiaries. Maintain a contact list of Joint Assessment Team participants and secure written pledge to carry out ERM activities based on humanitarian principles and donor standards. Represent the project and project priorities at regional coordination meetings. Develop a local network of contacts who can provide community-based alerts, triangulate reports of displacement and help teams to identify acute humanitarian needs.
- Consolidate information from field teams and prepare monthly donor reports. Consult with field teams to prepare assessment reports and report on protection concerns. Ensure up-to-date record of ERM field activities per province. Ensure assessment reports and findings are shared with partners and coordination leads. Provide inputs to internal reporting outputs as needed and upon request. Maintain informal record of team successes and challenges and facilitate cross-base sharing of lessons learnt and best practices. Maintain situational awareness related to displacement patterns and humanitarian needs in area of responsibility and share information with government and humanitarian partners.
- Support Protection Officers in identifying potential Protection cases and reflecting them in the report. Guaranteeing a correct follow-up of identified cases by supporting Protection Officers in liaising with Protection partners if needed to ensure adequate referral. Ensure a comprehensive and accurate tracking of Protection cases by maintaining an updated ERM Protection Database for the North West provinces.
About ACTED: Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development. ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff. ACTED is working in 14 north, north eastern and East & West provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH and food security
- Familiarity with the ERM project and/or emergency assistance projects in Afghanistan. Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, and Social science. Law, or economy, 3 to 5 years relevant work experience in same position Able and willing to work long days carrying out physically challenging work. Strong negotiating skills. Confidence and experience negotiating access. Understanding of local conflict dynamics including root causes and conflict multipliers. Past experience working with vulnerable communities and conducting needs assessments. Experience supervising and supporting field teams. Ability to think creatively and solve problems under stress. Thorough understanding of the Humanitarian Principles and communication skills. Strong Computer and English skills necessary. Fluency in at least one local language (Pashto/Dari)
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
3 to 5 years relevant work experience in same position
6 months ( extendable)
Based on ACTED’s salary scale
- Those who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria should send their updated CV & Cover letter to below submission Email: Kindly mentioned Vacancy number, position title along with province name in subject line or your application may not be considered. Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, work certificates) Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment. No CV will be received after closing date.