Objective 1: Contribute to consultations on strategy and the positioning of the IRC-A Environmental Health sector
- Ongoing, systematic, and thorough analysis of the humanitarian situation in respect to WASH and of the context of intervention in her field of activity.
- Internal dissemination of collected information and analysis to the deputy Environmental Health Coordinator and program coordinator
- Participation in defining the strategy in her technical sector of intervention and of the sectoral strategy at national level
- Implementing projects consistent with the IRC-A SAP, the policies of WASH and other IRC sectors, and key international documents in the sector (SPHERE Standards and WHO, etc.) and ensuring that teams have a clear understanding of these documents
Objective 2: Identify needs and contribute to project formulation
- Identifying humanitarian needs in the field of WASH and in her area of intervention including the submission of reports pertaining to such matters
- Including, where appropriate, target populations and local actors in the identification of needs and in the modalities of the response
- Participation in formulating EH programs and contributing to writing of EH proposals
- Prepare project implementation, procurement, and Spending plans for the EH projects
Objective 3: Ensure the implementation, monitoring and reporting of Environmental Health projects
- Implementation of the EH program(s) in line with the logical framework of the program(s), the budget, and the logistical and administrative procedures of IRC-A.
- The quality of the programs established in conformity with the technical and project management standards of IRC-A
- Identifying the technical constraints associated with project implementation Proposing innovative technical solutions in response to such constraints.
Mission 4: Contribute to program quality and accountability processes and measure program impact
- Supervise and manage all field EH engineers for affective implementation of the EH projects
- Provide technical oversight to the development and implementation of assessments aimed to identify WASH needs and gaps.
- Provide Technical support to EH staff at field level
- Review the technical drawings, estimations and scope of work prepared by the Engineering team at Field level.
- Prepare and submit bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports of the EH projects
- Conduct field visits for supervision of water supply, sanitation, and hygiene promotion activities at field level
- Following up the procurement process with supply chain team at field and Kabul level
- Following up the staff related issues and tasks with HR department
- Ensure that the team regularly update the EH online trackers for EH activities
- Perform any other duties as required or asked to do by the supervisor.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Having bachelor’s degree in civil, water resources, sanitation, environmental engineering, or any other relevant field of study
- Having minimum 4 years relevant work experience in the Humanitarian sector
- Good understanding of project cycle management, Budget Management, and experience at using design software AutoCAD
- Willingness to travel to project implementation areas.
- Good knowledge of the dynamics of the social, culture dynamics of the intervention area and is willing to work in hard-to-reach areas.
- Having the skills and ability to work within a team
- Good Written and spoken English and can Speak/understand/write local language
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
4 Years relevant
6 Months (Extendable)
Grade C (NTA Salary Scale)
Note: Application received without exact position title, vacancy no and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department to the following address or email us on (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org).
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for written test and after that for interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
House 34, Street No.4 Taimani District 10, Close to Haji Mohammad Dad Mosque