Contribute to community mobilization and the on-the-ground implementation of all project activities in the program entitled “Emergency Response Mechanism (ERM) in Afghanistan”.
Tasks will include but are not limited to collecting and reporting information, conducting rapid assessments, and conducting distributions, and developing information networks with local communities. The position requires frequent travel in the designated province, often on short notice.
1- Information reporting
- Develop an information network across the designated province.
- Monitor the humanitarian situation in the designated province and provide timely and accurate information in an emergency.
- Following an emergency, quickly gather information from local sources, cross-check and triangulate the information, and report it to the information focal point in the province.
- Maintain regular and on-going communication with the ERM team in the province.
2- Rapid assessments and distributions
- Under the direction of the Field Coordinator and the IPA Community Mobiliser, conduct emergency household assessments using the tools developed for the ERM
- Under the direction of the the Field Coordinator and the IPA Community Mobiliser, implement distributions of cash and NFIs to selected beneficiaries.
- Ensure that all rapid assessments, distributions, and reporting are implemented in accordance with ACTED guidelines and ERM program objectives.
- Provide support to ERM teams in other provinces as needed.
- As the responsibilities listed cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above responsibilities.
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 9 north and north eastern provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH and food security
Anyone employed by or working for ACTED shall commit to act according to ACTED’s Code of Conduct, which outlines the expected behavior of ACTED teams. To ensure that funds are used exclusively for humanitarian purposes and in accordance with donors’ compliance requirements, all job / internship / volunteering offers are subject to the condition that potential staff names do not appear on anti-terrorism lists, in line with ACTED’s anti-terrorism policy. To this end, your data shall be automatically processed.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Social Science, Disaster Management, Agriculture or any relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 4 years of progressive work experiences within an INGO or Afghan NGO managing large direct delivery projects.
- Working experiences in emergency, protection, food security, health and hygiene projects and capacity building with community/CDCs and local authorities.
Good knowledge and skills of conflict solving.
- Strong knowledge of negotiating and change management.
Strong communication skills in both national languages, understanding English language preferred.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum 4 years of progressive work experiences within an INGO or Afghan NGO managing large direct delivery projects
6 months ( extendable)
Based on ACTED’s salary scale
Those who fulfill the above mentioned criteria should send their updated CV & Cover letter to below submission Email: Kindly mentioned Vacancy number, position title along with province name in subject line or your application may not be considered. Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, work certificates) Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment. No CV will received after closing date.