- Good understanding of the different assessment questionnaires (Market, Households, displacement, PDM HEAT tools) Initiate special assessment to identify the protection of beneficiaries and WASH needs in the community level Realize the focus group discussions or household questionnaires respecting the planning and objectives defined by the line manager. Good understanding of the questionnaires and capacity to well explain them to the persons interviewed in order to ensure accurate and coherent answers. Give to line manager complete, coherent and readable questionnaires in order to allow an accurate analysis of the data. Express recommendation to the line manage in order to improve the assessment. Report issues, constraints met to the line manage in order to capitalize them and avoid them in the future
Objective 2: Participate the beneficiary targeting Activities:
- Ensure that the beneficiaries are respecting the defined criteria of selection process, Ensure participation of community to select the most vulnerable IDPs according the digested criteria.
Objective 3: Participate to the distribution activities (cash distribution and support) Activities:
- Ensure proper items distribution to affected people targeted according to project and protocols of AAH. Ensure the beneficiary identity control during the distribution Ensure dignity of the beneficiaries in distribution points Ensure proper management of distribution center and ensure separate space for women and disabled beneficiaries Ensure the good filing of the beneficiaries Registration lists Suggest the possible improvement in terms of distribution
Objective 4: Ensure the beneficiary sensitization and awareness Activities:
- Responsible to animate the beneficiary sensitization and awareness on the distributed inputs Ensure the beneficiary attendance at the sensitization and awareness Ensure the efficiency of the sensitization (relevancy of the messages, participative method, practical demonstration) Ensure the good filing of the beneficiaries Registration lists
Objective 5: Participate monitoring activity within the ERM project frame
- Realize the post distribution survey for distribution of cash or inputs Ensure the quality, the coherence and the exhaustiveness of completed questionnaires (PDM, PCDM KAP, displacement, market, Households) before to give them to the line manage for verification. Support MEAL officer to roll out the Monitoring in the field level.
Objective 6: Competencies
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the AAH values
- Promotes the vision, mission of AAH at mission level
- Shows cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity
- Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
- Good knowledge on Smart Mobile/Tab based operation and Mobile data collection.
- Good Knowledge on FSL and Cash based intervention in emergency
- Good understanding on most vulnerable beneficiaries’ selection process.
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and beneficiaries to facilitate the provision of support
- Excellent knowledge of Local community and their customs
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Petitions feedback from other colleague about the impact of his/her own behavior
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. AAH has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, and water and sanitation fields since 1995.
Higher Education from any reputed university in social sciences, disaster management, development studies, agriculture, veterinary sciences or related colleges. And the education will relaxed for more experienced candidates.
- At least 1 years of working experience in need assessment, data collection, and reporting in projects implemented by local or International Organization.
- Experience in humanitarian assistance, ERM or CBI based projects is an asset
- Experience in community mobilization considering the local context.
- Experience in Emergency response in conflict areas
- Experience in work with Internal displaced people
- Have already participated to assessment, monitoring and sensitization distribution activities.
- Experience in Mobile tablet data collection will be an added value.
- Working experience in FSL sector (specially Emergency project implementation)
- Knowledge on Emergency Protection for disaster or conflict induced vulnerable people
Fluent and Pashto (written, spoken, read), Basic English.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
one year with possibility of extension
Based on AAH salary scale
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (with three Referees) indicating the vacancy announcement reference to the address: Human Resources Department office or can also be emailed to: email@example.com no later 16th of December 2021. Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience. In the e-mail subject line, please put job title & vacancy number of the position you are applying for, otherwise your applications will not be screened. Do not submit academic certificates with the application. These can be requested if the candidate is selected. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test/interview. Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer. Note: Action against Hunger is committed to the prevention of risks related to abuse, sexual exploitation and the promotion of gender equality and its diversity. The mission Afghanistan encourages the application of the women / men / disabled workers / Senior / others>. Action against Hunger’s recruitment process is free of charge, no compensation of any form shall be requested from a candidate. It reflects the major policies and its charter through its professionalism and impartiality. If you observe behavior in opposition to these values during this process, please report it to the appropriate teams.