Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and survey the potential of high value crops in targeted districts.
- Conduct Need assessment of farmers in targeted communities and districts of project.
- Strengthen the planning, implementation and monitoring capacities of the district extension staff.
- Organize the producers groups of high value crops in targeted villages and districts for Farmer field school (FFS) and other production related activities.
- Support the introduction and adoption of appropriate horticultural and agronomic technologies specifically for high value crops to contribute to productivity and quality improvement.
- Identify the potentials for modernizing agriculture through delivery of effective extension services on pre and post-harvest handling of high value crops.
- Prepare technical training materials on good agricultural practices and train the farmers in villages and districts.
- Prepare and submit the required field activities progress reports and success stories as outlined in the program.
- Assist the senior management and other project team members in management, oversight, coordination and monitoring of all operations of CBARD in the field.
- Be able to travel frequently to the project sites in districts where CBARD project is to be implemented.
- Other relevant activities assigned by supervisor/ project from time to time
Roots of Peace is a humanitarian organization that has worked in war-torn countries around the world with our partners to remove the remnants of war, landmines and unexploded ordinance, and restore the land in order to rebuild peaceful communities for generations to come. For the past twenty years, the Roots of Peace award-winning “Mines to Vines” approach has impacted one million farmers and families, enabling the exports worth over $150 million to international markets. Since beginning our work in Afghanistan in 2003, Roots of Peace has worked with agricultural value chains in every province of the country resulting in 100,000 tons of exports, creating over 9,000 full-time agribusiness jobs that benefited more than 38,000 families from these value chain approaches. From farmers to exporters, Roots of Peace develops entire agricultural value chains by implementing the ROP Development Model which is designed to serve as a catalyst to generate much broader impact industry-wide – improving incomes for smallholder farmers, bringing peace to rural communities, transforming national industries.
The Extension Assistant will be based in Nangarhar province targeted districts of CBARD project.
He/she must travel to different villages in targeted districts and may be to other province occasionally.
Working Experience in international organizations
Proficiency in MS Office.
Strong oral/written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
One year-Extendable subject to project funding
As per NTA salary scale
Interested qualified afghan national Any candidates are requested to submit their CVs and cover letter to CBARD-HR@rootsofpeace.org no later than 30.03.2021. clearly mention the vacancy number ROP-CBARD-046-2021 in the subject line, applications not mentioning the vacancy number will not be considered.