The Field Monitor/Pharmacy Officer is responsible for the overall management of Logar pharmacy warehouse; drug and medical supplies delivery to HFs; collection, compilation, analysis of monthly pharmacy reports; preparation of drug and medical supply orders to HQ. He will coordinate Pharmacy related affairs of the project with PPHO and other stakeholders.
A. Human Resource Management
Support the project management in adopting innovative approaches for staff, particularly females, recruitment, and retention. Support the project manager to conduct regular performance appraisal of project team.
B. Pharmacy Management
B.1. General Pharmacy Management
- Work with members of Technical Management Team and other relevant departments to establish a well organize drug distribution system to health facilities. Maintain a computerized data base of essential drugs in the CAF pharmacy warehouse. Maintain standard and appropriate storage of the essential drugs in the CAF drug ware house. Maintain proper records of the warehouse receipts, transfers, and disbursements. He is responsible to call an inventory updating meeting with logistic department at provincial level in presence of Health Manager of the project in semi-annual or upon need. The pharmacy officer is responsible for making the medical equipment inventory of all HFs in coordination with the logistic officer of the project. (Who are doing only non-medical asset inventory). Establish and maintain standard and accepted drugs consumption system in health facilities and share with HMIS officer and cross check. Before requesting of order from HQ share the consumption report and missed used of drug if need with P-PMU. Follow up with health facilities pharmacy to ensure that drugs distributed to health facilities are being properly stored and used. Ensure MDS and RUD implementation in health facilities.
- Estimate drugs needed for implementation of Sehatmandi project in all facilities, based on standard guidelines. Review and analyze the health facilities drug requests and share them with supervisors and other technical staff.
- Develop and implement stock cards and balance sheets in the drug warehouse and implement their use in the facilities. Follow-up with health facilities pharmacy to ensure that drugs distributed to health facilities are being properly stored and used. Maintain standard and appropriate storage of the essential drugs in the CAF drug warehouse.
- Implement the drug consumption forms in all health facilities supported by CAF. Supervise and provide appropriate in-service training for pharmacy staff in the dispensing, pre-packing, and reconstitution of medicines. He is responsible in preparing the medical equipment inventory of all HFs of the base on a proper ‘’planning ‘’ that has to be shared with the Health Manager of the Project. He is responsible for submitting medical equipment inventory of all HFs under project coverage to CAF-HQ Pharmacy Officer in semi-annually bases or upon need for reporting purpose to MoPH.
C. Quality of BPHS Services including Infection preventions and waste management system: The Pharmacy Officer is expected to participate in application of quality assurance (QA) throughout the cycle from planning, and implementation to evaluation at the provincial level.
D. Supervision and Monitoring:
Support the project management team in adopting a supportive supervision approach in BPHS facilities.Monitoring the quality of supervision and monitoring of health facilities by project team.Conducting monitoring of health facilities together with the project team on randomly basis.Follow up of monitoring of action plan of external monitors including the PHD and MoPH. Provide technical assistance to HFs Pharmacists and pharmacy technician in preparing drug orders.
E. Recording and Reporting: Ensure all the activities under this scope of work mentioned under A to D are properly documented, being available data are used for further improvement of BPHS services and management. Furthermore, support the project manager and ensure the following reports are submitted timely:
- Collect pharmacy monthly reports from health facilities and assess the stock condition of each HFs. Prepare monthly report according to CAF stock condition and submit it to Project Manager.
Care of Afghan Families (CAF) implementing the Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS) from Jan-2014 and EPHS in Jul-2017 under the Sehatmandi project in Logar province.
Care of Afghan Families (CAF) is a non-governmental, non-political, not-for-profit, and independent Afghan organization. The organization was established in January-2003 in Kabul and is registered with the Ministry of Economy. CAF is mainly involved in the field of health, education research, community development & Women and Youth Empowerment. For further information about CAF, please visit the website: www.caf.org.af
To speak on behalf of CAF- without permission from line manager,To use CAF- property for his own benefit,Being in condition of intoxication (drug, alcohol…) or transporting drugs or alcohol while on duty,All other interdictions are stipulated in the HR Policy and Procedure Manual along with the disciplinary measures.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree (Pharm. D.) of Pharmacy from Recognized University
- Excellent knowledge of English language (verbal and written)
- Good communication and presentation skill.
- Having proper leadership skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to create a supportive working relationship with all project teams
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on Microsoft Office, Excel, World
- Familiarity with Logar Province.
- Travel to the different districts of Logar Province is must
- 3 years’ experience to the relevant position.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Experience in the relevant field is must (3 years)
Office Address: House # 14, Street # 1 Behind Bibi Amena Girls High School, Center of Logar Province, -Logar- Afghanistan
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an Interview.
Note: Due to the requirement of the position whenever we found a qualified candidate according to the announcement we will do the process of recruitment before the closing date.توجــه!
براساس نیازمندی پست اعلان شده هرزمانیکه بتوانیم شخص مورد نظررامطابق اعلان دریابیم پروسه استخدام آن قبل ازختم اعلان صورت خواهد گرفت.