- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Development of holistic and need based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Maintain computerised financial records of transactions for all projects
- Maintain hard and soft filing system
- Responsible for updating Post backs
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare monthly financial report to Kabul SO
- Maintain and follow supplier, landlord and payroll tax clearing forms
- Responsible for cash transfers
- Follow up transfer from SO
- Responsible for cash management
- Prepare monthly cash forecast and cash request
- Responsible to track suppliers payments
- Responsible to prepare monthly tax vouchers and bank dispatch
- Responsible to prepare monthly AIB Payroll
- Communicate with Hawaladar for payments
- Preparing daily cash count
- Preparing monthly Cheque record sheet.
- Responsible for Water and electricity payments
- Attend to distribution payments at area
- Responsible for verification of payment list.
- Responsible to follow with my money and all CCs for disbursement reports and finger print of beneficiaries.
- Prepare voucher for bank charges, electricity, water and etc.
- Preparing monthly checklist
- Responsible for opening new bank account for new staff.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Any other related duties as assigned by his/her line manager
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability
Purpose of the Job:
The finance assistant is day-to-day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities and also the Finance assistant is responsible for cash management; booking the transactions in cash and bank boxes, maintain hard and soft financial files, payments, tax deposit forms.
For more information about this position , please click on Job Description and NRC Grade Structure.
At least 4-5 years’ previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or international NGOs;
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Finance Assistant Afghanistan Herat – NRC and NORCAP Careers Careers (oraclecloud.com)
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in NRC site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CVs along with a cover letter to below mentioned e-mail. Please make sure to clearly state the (VA-2022-246) in the subject line of your email.
Submission email: firstname.lastname@example.org