Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The finance Assistant/Cashier will report directly to the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant/Cashier will perform finance filing system, scan of files and projects activities, and account codes.
Specifically, the Finance Assistant/Cashier in the Central region office will have the following responsibilities:
- The day-to-day cash management and transfers including dealing with banking activities if any.
- Preparing all types of vouchers on a daily basis and recording the transactions in the cash book and into the system.
- Responsible for filling of financial transaction vouchers and documents.
- To scan the vouchers with all the supporting documents
- Following up the staff advance and petty cash to make sure that the advances are cleared and replenished on time.
- Compare the entries with the original vouchers at the end of each month to make sure that the expenses and vouchers are recorded correctly in cash books and in QB.
- Helping the finance officer to reconcile the accounts for annual and project auditing. In addition, making sure that the documents are ready for the auditors
- Paying out all the approved staff salaries, labor wages, trainees’ expenses, allowances, supplier’s payments.
- Work as acting of finance officer while he/she is on leave/travel to other regions
- Keep track of all taxes to be paid on time as per Government rule and regulation in coordination with finance officer
- To serve on procurement committee when required
- Reconcile the cash balances at the end of each week and preparing the cash counts both AFNs and USDs
- Help finance staff for preparation of project and annual audits.
- The Finance Assistant/Cashier will spend his/her time 75% in Jaghori and 25% in Malistan based on needs.
- Travel and work in other regional and field offices as required
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor and head of the region.
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) is a member-based solidarity organization that has been working in support and solidarity with the Afghan people for more than 35 years. NAC works in the following sectors: Education, Gender and Human Rights, Governance and Civil Society, Health, Food Security and Job Creation and Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation. NAC’s vision is that NAC shall contribute to an Afghanistan free of poverty where equality, democracy, human rights and respect serve as the bases for political action and development.
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) has a zero tolerance of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH) both within the organization and of beneficiaries. Prevention of and protection from sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (PSEAH) is the individual and collective responsibility of all NAC officers, management, staff, consultants, and volunteers, who are all required to familiarize themselves with, agree to, and act in accordance with NAC’s Ethical Guidelines and Commitment, NAC Child Protection Policy, and NAC PSEAH Policy, at all times – both during and outside working hours – and participate actively in introductory and refresher trainings. Any breaches of PSEAH clauses in NAC’s policies, guidelines, and/or commitments will lead to immediate termination and possible legal actions.
- Good working knowledge in English (Written and Spoken)
- Fluency in national languages (Dari and Pashtoo)
- Bachelor of Business Administration, or Finance or any related
- Having other accounting qualifications would be an advantage.
- 2-3 years of experience in the related field in NGOs or Private companies
- Prior experience in QuickBooks and generating reports
- Good computer & Microsoft Office skills
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills*
- Familiarity with administrative and accounting systems
- Strong math skills with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Work under pressure, late hour and weekends as required
- Detailed oriented
- High level of personal integrity is desirable*
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
2-3 years of experience in the related field in NGOs or Private companies
As per NAC Salary Scale
The NAC is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply.
The NAC offers: An encouraging and team-oriented working atmosphere • Significant career challenges that will test and enhance the skills of the incumbent • Interesting and worthwhile work in a growing organization • Competitive salary packages
How to apply: Please, send your application (CV and cover letter not exceeding 800 KB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No application will be considered after the closing date of the vacancy.
The priority will be given to the field applicants (duty station of the vacancy)
Submission Document requirement:
Please be advised that NAC will require a police clearance form while the candidates go through selection process.