Scope of work:
The Finance Assistant will manage all Financial, Taxation Bank corresponding files. S/he will ensure the outlined financial policies and procedures are implemented and followed in the assigned area. S/he will work Closely with the finance department. S/he supports the implementation of SCA Financial Regulation and policy based on the SCA.
- To check and control all the receipts and payments before the documents are given to payment.
- Make sure that expenditures are according to the approved budget and the financial rules and regulations are adhered to.
- To be responsible for preparing monthly local staff salaries (pay-roll)
- Check and control field staff monthly payrolls for calculation, accounting codes, tax calculation, and other financial requirements.
- To be responsible for filling system of the PMO.
- Keep financial records of the PMO and Parwan/Kapisa/Panjsher isolation center finance.
- To take copies of vouchers and others for both PMO & Parwan/Kapisa/Panjsher isolation center Finance.
- To prepare different kinds of worksheets in MS Excel.
- To handle petty cash of the PMO and maintain the safety of petty cash in considering SCA cash insurance policy.
- To be responsible for safe and accurate handling of checkbooks and maintaining the original receipts prior to sending them to the Senior Accountant.
- To be responsible for filing all tax slips and other support documents related to taxes payment of PMO.
- Sending PMO and Parwan/Kapisa/Panjsher isolation center finance original document to KMO on a weekly or daily basis if needed
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA.
- To participate in the meetings and workshops organized by PMO Head.
- To perform any other tasks as required by the finance officer.
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian organization working to assist in the reconstruction of Afghanistan. SCA’s interventions inside Afghanistan began in 1982. Today SCA runs four major development programs within Disability, Education, Health, and Rural Development and is one of the largest NGOs in the country. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), race, colour, religion, marital status, sex, physical disability, or veteran status.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Be Afghan
- Bachelor Degree (Accounting, Finance, BBA, Economics and other relative fields)
- 1 year of relevant experience in national and international organizations.
- General Knowledge of accounting and posting of entries.
- Have knowledge of MS Office.
- Relevant training will be an asset.
- Good Communication skills
- Able to speak in Pashto, Dari, and English
- Able to go to the field (Parwan, Punisher, and Kapisa provinces)
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
1-year relevant experience in national and interna
As per SCA salary scale
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com and clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line (Finance Assistant, HRM/PMO 11-21). Otherwise, your application will not be considered.
Academic certificates or references need not be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Application and CV receive after closing date of vacancy announcement will not be considered