This Purpose of Position will be used in the WVI or local Careers site, and if applicable, advertisements. Please describe the role in 2-3 concise sentences. Focus on the core of what this role is supposed to achieve. Describe the purpose of this position and how this position contributes to achieving department objectives and the management and performance of others.
Maintaining Accounting and Other Financial System:
- Prepare and review coding on journal vouchers for valid accounts, cost centres, donor combinations.
- Perform data entry and posting in sun system (actual & budget) in close coordination with the account payable team and shared services. Prepare monthly payroll allocation journal for national & expatriate staff in consultation with Grants Finance Manager (GFM) & P&C team lead (TL) or director. Carry out monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts, examine & rectify any differences or errors between the bank statements and books of accounts Prepare SA’s for World Vision offices within the deadline. Maintain SA database. Prepare SA vouchers and monitor SA balances monthly, reconcile with GL balance. In collaboration with country based Accounting Teams conduct regular reconciliations of respective balance sheet and P&L accounts. Conduct regular PBAS reconciliations Prepare journal vouchers generated by GEMS Assist the GFM, AP TL with implementation of WVI systems, regionally and locally adopted tools and templates
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Ensure preparation of FFR (Field financial reports), external reports and internal management reports in compliance with respective requirements
- Ensure accurate and timely review of financial data for completeness and correctness. Liaise with project managers & department leads related to variance explanations & rectification of coding errors Assist the GFM, Finance Director and Regional Finance Manager with the year-end closing procedures required by WVI Ensure maintenance of WVI and regional systems (Sun6, PMQ&A, GEMS, SA, internal tools, Horizon, MyPBAS, etc), upgrading/updating and developing additional applications of the existing financial systems towards increased efficiency
- Assist Finance Director & account payable team in audit preparation to provide required information
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (please add functional area or project) interventions.
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full Adherence to security protocols
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities. There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods. World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
Required Professional Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting position with medium business/medium NGO/government aency.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related field
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
- Experience in major donor regulations (US, UK, Canada Governments, GOG, EC/ECHO, UN agencies) is a plus.
- Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Solid working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good oral/written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
As Per WVA Salary Scale
The application closing date is 05-May-2022. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1389) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1389) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
( “For those who may distribute our announcement in other social media (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp etc….), this is kindly asked to please copy the vacancy link from ACBAR job site and share it with your posts”. No translation to local language or edit of the vacancy is permitted.”
Only Herat local candidates are elegible to apply.
:نوتلطفا سی وی خویش را بیشتر از یک بار ارسال ننمایید ارسال مکررسی وی تان به بست فوق باعث پرشدن صندق دریافت سی وی ها خواهد شد و ما قادر نخواهیم بود تا سی وی تانرا دانلودکنیم