Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Project Implementation and management:
• In collaboration with the National Gender Specialist and Consortium partners’ gender focal persons, adapt the gender transformative approaches for the agro-business groups, household and community and religious leaders.
• Provide gender inclusion and GBV training to all project staff.
• Assist the CDFs and other project team in the formation of new Women Agro-business Collectives (WABCs) and existing women-led agro-businesses.
• Identify gaps and existing opportunities to improve women-led agro-businesses based on the gender assessment conducted for the project.
• Design effective approach to sustain the social and economic support mechanism of Self Help Group.
• Ensure the active involvement of religious leaders and men to support gender equality.
• Guide the project team on the integration of the findings of gender-sensitive market assessment and gender analysis into the project implementation and monitoring.
• In collaboration with Life skill Master Trainer, follow up on the progress of SHGs on their development of life skills to their business and social settings.
• Facilitate the identification of barriers for women active participation in the project and provide guidance to the project team on approaches to improve meaningful participation of women.
• Facilitate exposure visits among religious leader who promote gender equality and gender champions.
• Lead and facilitate the development of positive gender messages from Islamic perspective tailored to the literacy level of the targeted community.
• Facilitate the provision of training for men, women and religious leaders on Transformative Household Methodology (THM)
• Guide and ensure the identification of Gender Champions.
Reporting and Communication:
• Submit accurate monthly, quarterly work plans and reports related to gender trainings, and share with project manager
• Liaise with logistic and finance team for all logistical and financial related issues of gender related trainings and activities such as SR tracking, updating procurement plan and assuring of on time payments.
• Participating in stakeholders meeting at national, provincial and district level.
• In collaboration with the National Gender Specialist, actively engage in the adaption of the Gender transformative training.
• Participate in the Training of Trainers training for the gender transformative and other related trainings.
• Ensure and support the establishment SHG to promote mentor/mentee partnership between new and existing business women.
• Conduct training for Gender Champions on gender transformative training to disseminate positive gender messaging.
• Roll out the training on Gender transformative approach to community mobilizers and other project staff.
• Responsible for regularly assessing the capacity requirements of various stakeholders and preparing training modules and aids to strengthen the existing and new women-led agro-buisinesses.
• Assess the capacity of existing and new women-led agro-businesses using ratings and ensure their sustainability.
• Identify required support for the new women agro-business collectives and establish linkages with external organisations including financial institutions
• Support the implementation of the ‘Gender Attitudes and Practices’ survey in target communities with the M&E unit.
Coordination and Networking:
• Develop strong linkages and coordination with government ministries and WEE-NPP-supported SHGs.
• Facilitate and coordinate with other women-led businesses to promote knowledge sharing and collaboration opportunities such as regional conferences, provincial market fairs, and exposure visits.
• Participate in Gender working groups, inter-agency task forces and other gender mainstreaming technical coordination meetings.
• Closely coordinate and work with key gender equality and women’s empowerment government stakeholders, UN agencies and other agencies.
Monitoring and Impact Assessment:
• Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation officer to ensure regular data collection of indicators, regular monitoring of activities, and accurate activity and beneficiary tracking.
• Provide field technical support to project CDFs in gender sensitive data gathering, including the design of practical participatory action research.
• Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to collect impact monitoring indicators and implement systems to understand, document and disseminate the impact of activities on gender equality.
• Conduct regular on-site monitoring field visits to support and measure the impact as well as challenges of the project activities.
• Develop case studies, success stories and other related documentations.
CHS & Emergency:
• Concern is committed to CHS to ensure downward accountability. Concern activities are guided by CHS standards in all stages both emergency and development projects /programs. In Afghanistan, we also bounded our activities by Accountability framework and therefore any Afghanistan employees are responsible to comply with CHS principles and benchmarks as instructed by its policies and therefore make sure that you accept and implement CHS standards in all your activities.
• To give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Concern Afghanistan will respond
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Currently, Concern has been working in Afghanistan since 1998, when it responded to an earthquake disaster in Takhar province. Currently Concern has been working in Takhar and Badakhshan provinces undertaking both emergency response and long term developmental work in the areas of livelihood security, primary education and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
Qualification & Experience:
A minimum of Bachelor degrees from Social science or other gender related faculty and economics
At least 3 years’ experience at gender related programs
Local knowledge is and staff management is an advantage
Competencies & Skills:
Computer skills preferred (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
Excellent Dari and English speaking and writing ability.
Possess good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Ability to work in remote communities throughout Takhar and Badakhshan provinces.
Ability to work with community members and spend at least 60% of time in the field as committed
Oral and written communication in English, Dari and other local languages
Strong documentation skills
Experience using digital devices such as computer.
Ability to write reports and various correspondence in English language is an advantage.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least 3 years’ experience at gender related p
Applications should be written in English and demonstrate the applicants suitability for the job. A current Curriculum Vita and three referee’s reports should be included in the application. In the first instance applications should be submitted to Concern World Wide- Afghanistan offices in Taloqan marked to the attention of the Human Resources Department. And / or to any other field offices of Concern in Faizabad, Yawan, Chahab, Kundaz and Kabul (Shari now, 5th Street of Qalai Fatullah, connected with Qalai Moosa) or through this email address: email@example.com
Subject line must be: (612/2021 EC-Gender Officer) or your application may not be considered.
Closing Date: 20 Mar 2021