- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement.
- Perform according to the work and development plan.
- Looks for the security of the office and staff in the office.
- To keep the office responsible informed of any incident in the neighborhood.
- Responsible to not allow unauthorized people park their vehicles in front of the offices.
- Responsible not to allow any suspicious packages to the compound unless authorized by Supervisor/Security and Humanitarian Access Coordinator, Security Advisor.
- Responsible for everybody entering to the office.
- To registers all the visitors coming to the office and reports to responsible person.
- To keep the generators maintained, (starts it on time and keeps fuel balance).
- To check the heaters in the morning and continuously keeps checking it.
- Responsible for checking all security lights and reports if there is any loss during his working time.
- Control the water accessibility in the office (water pump, pipes).
- Switches on and off all lights of the building on time.
- Cleaning the compound, guard room regularly, and keep all the materials arranged.
- To help the cleaner in some parts of their work (Lawn maintenance, heater cleaning, washing heavy/big items.
- Keep all the windows and doors locked when the staff members leave the office.
- Irrigation of the garden twice a week (Friday and Saturday).
- Obey and work according the time and schedule given by your supervisor.
- Respect the visitors and behavior them gently.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the Guard position to provide service support to the security department in South – Oruzgan Office of the NRC, the position holder will be reporting directly to Security and Humanitarian Access Uruzgan and Field Office Coordinator in order to run his/her duties smoothly according to security standards of NRC.
2 years of working experience as Security Guard with National and International NGOs
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates can apply by clicking on below:
Online Application Form
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the Oracle site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV will not be enough.
Note: Candidates can also apply for the above position by sending their CV and Cover Letter to the email provided under Submission Email (by mentioning the Vacancy Number and Title of the position in the subject line of the Email)
Only those who closely meet the job requirement will be informed.