Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Post Title: Head Nurse ICU
Duty station: Paktia ICU
Duration: 1 Year (Extendable)
No. of Post: 1
Salary: As per project Salary Scale
Announcing Date: 2019/01/30
Closing Date: 2019/02/13
Responsibility of Emergency Head Nurse includes but not limited to managing and coordinating all nursing related activities of Emergency and record keeping of daily consumption of medicine, consumables and other supplies and its reporting.
Direct nursing service activities for assigned Emergency unit patients.
Delegate responsibilities to Emergency Unit nurses and auxiliary staff.
Supervise preparation and maintenance of Emergency Unit patient’s clinical records, and write reports on intensive care unit staff performance and services.
Maintain pre-set standards for solutions, supplies, medicines and equipment, and keep track of narcotics.
Evaluate nursing activities to ensure patient care, staff relations, and efficiency of service.
Observe nursing care and visits patients to ensure that nursing care is carried out as directed, and treatment administered in accordance with physician’s instructions.
Direct arrangement and maintenance of patients’ clinical records.
Inspect rooms and ward for cleanliness and comfort.
Accompany physician on rounds, and keep informed of special orders concerning patients.
Participate in orientation and training of personnel.
Investigate and resolves complaints, or refers unusual problems to line manager.
Keep record of daily medicine, consumables and other supplies consumptions.
Active participation and developed a system to implement IP standards
On call even when their duty is being off duty time (During Massive Emergency
Prepare monthly consumption reports.
Any other task assigned by line manager.
Report to line manager.
Nursing staff, Auxiliary staff, Cleaners
Qualifications & Requirement:
Graduated from recognized health institutes, (private Institute must be registered with MoPH)
The degree/diploma must be attested by MoPH or MoHE.
At least 1 years work experience in nursing care services, preferably in the field of Emergency Unit.
Strong Communication and interpersonal Skill.
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Mojib Rahimi, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR.
Phone number: +93-(0)-700991056
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Mojib Rahimi ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
Instruction for test and interview: The test and interview will be taken from the following references:
Main points of the TOR
Submission Email: email@example.com