When we hire head of Neonatal and pediatric then we give him/her job description.
Afshar Hospital is a non-profit, non-governmental, with charity organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and medical relief programs. It is a 100-bed general hospital located in Omid Sabz Township-Darulaman established in March 2009 by non-governmental organization AMOR-AHO (Alliance for Medical Outreach and Relief and Afghan Health Organization), which provide all health services that a well-established and well managed hospital must provide along with health educational programs and village clinic Ante-partum, post-partum and
Nature of Work and Responsibilities:
• To attend morning meetings, management meetings, committee meetings and other meetings when invited.
• Ensure timely starting and conducting IPD rounds both Paediatrics/ Neonatal patients and ensure that every opportunity to teach is taken.
• Ensure timely starting OPD services and daily confirm the availability of the staff in OPD from 8:00AM to4:00PM.
• To work with the Medical Director to develop protocols for Pediatrics/ Neonatal problems and emergencies and ensure they are followed
• Strictly adhere to all the values, policies, and procedures of Afshar hospital
• Be supportive of administration and lead the duty team in an efficient, flexible, and Professional manner.
• Always be honest in every regard and refuse all bribes.
• Communicate responsibly with the head of the department regarding all issues of concern related to quality patient care and effective employee communication.
• Ensure a good working atmosphere with co-workers and subordinates during duty hours.
• Ensure good coordination and communication with related departments in the hospital
• Including but not limited to Maternity department, lab, radiology and pharmacy.
• Active participation and conducting of academic seminars and presentations leading to the enhanced knowledge of professional staff.
• Arrive on time at the beginning of each shift.
• Remain at Afshar hospital facility site throughout the entire scheduled shift.
• Perform all day, night, weekend and holiday shifts as scheduled.
• Coordinate the monthly education calendar
• Prepare monthly work schedule in a fair and balanced way
• Ensure that all department staff perform a comprehensive admitting examination for all Pediatric and Neonatal patients admitted to Afshar Hospital via OPD, Urgent care, or Maternity.
• To be responsible for managing the neonatal consultation in Maternity as well as Urgent Care departments and discuss/review all treatment plans or any other intervention needed. He/ She is responsible for managing the neonatal referrals in maternity or ER if required.
• Ensure that all patient charts are completed with accurate documentation of patient’s history, examination findings, lab results and other tests
• Review the investigation and treatment plan of other pediatricians to ensure the highest quality care.
• Ensure that a minimum of two documented patient assessments each shift are completed and include revision of the treatment plan as clinically indicated.
• Participation in daily patient rounds and leads the supporting clinical staff in their
• Perform all necessary pediatric and neonatal procedures that he/she is qualified
to perform in a time sensitive manner that supports the highest quality of patient care.
• Monitors all Pediatricians to insure that they provide counselling, information, and support to the patient’s attendants/parents regarding the nature of their child’s illness, the procedures performed, and treatment plan in a timely manner.
• All information should be provided in a supportive and compassionate way
and in the language most easily understood by the attendant/parent.
• Ensure that all Pediatricians attend all neonatal deliveries performed at Afshar hospital including vaginal deliveries and C-sections regardless of what department they are performed in.
• Manage the neonatal resuscitation team according to Afshar Hospital policy so that all deliveries that require close monitoring of the newborn are attended on time.
• Ensure that all Pediatricians complete the Newborn Assessment page 1which includes antenatal history, initial vital signs and APGAR scores at the time of delivery. Complete page 2 of the newborn assessment within 4 hours of delivery, preferable at the time of delivery.
• Provide a proper report to the physician coming on for the next assigned shift through.
• Properly manage the referral of all infants so that when they require transfer to an advanced facility, the pediatrician will be responsible for making a proper referral plan, arranging the proper transfer per availability at that facility.
• Manage all pediatricians so that a comprehensive report to the physician at the receiving hospital is always given with good documentation.
• Provide a follow up plan to the patient’s attendant/parent when discharged both verbally and in writing in their language of choice.
• Complete all required summaries and supporting paperwork immediately after discharge and provide for the delivery of these records to medical records.
Special Requirements of the Post:
• Honesty and professionalism in all dealings with patients, their relatives, other hospital staff. Refer to the Afshar Hospital Value Statement.
• Ability to use computer to obtain relevant information, research topics, enter data, write reports etc.
• Have completed a Specialty Fellowship in Pediatrics with Certificate.
• Minimum of five years working as a Specialist in Pediatrics.
• Minimum of two year working in the Neonatal Specialty.
• Served in a supervisory role for two years.
• Able to admit mistakes and work well in a team.
• Good communication skills. Team approach to medical care.
• Good teaching skills and willingness to pass on knowledge.
• Willing to learn from seniors and visiting doctors.
• Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto advantageous.
Three month probationary contract then permanent contract .
According to Afshar Hospital Policy .
Please send graduated MD, Specialty and Fellowship in Pediatrics certificate.
Work experience certificate attached with your CV, and send it for us.
Note: Without graduation certificate and work, experience certificate will not consider the CV.
Afshar Hospital, Omid Sabz Township, Darullaman Kabul.
Contact Person: Roqia Barekzai HR Director of Afshar Hospital.