Scope of work:
The HMIS Coordinator acts as an active member of Program Directorate, attends relevant meetings, contribute to the annual planning, monitoring and evaluation exercises and provides back- up supports to other staff members of different departments as needed. In addition, HMIS Coordinator under direct supervision of Program Manager, is responsible to control and follow up the sub centers MHU, nutrition projects and HMIS activities, strengthening the HMIS recording and reporting system, improving the skill of the staff involved in MIS and keeps close co-operation and relationship with MoPH /HMIS department as well as the society through various channels.
- Act according to the policy of SAF
- Keep confidential with issues related to SAF
- Develop Spirit of co-operation and understanding among members of the team
- Follows SAF’s established policies, procedures and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiative works/ performance.
- Records compile analysis and interpret health data and information.
- In co-operation with the Program Manager oversees the ongoing training, which are related to HMIS, DHIS2 and HeRAMS.
- Ensure quality in projects and programs through provision of updated relevant and timely information for the purpose of planning, implementation and evaluation of the programs.
- Provide accurate and updated feedback on data collection to the clinics.
- Produce HMIS monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Ensure supply of sufficient HMIS tools to each of targeted provinces.
- Give advice and support to the project and program staff in HMIS/DHIS2 related tasks (e.g., data collection, analysis and use of health information.)
- Visit and supervise the HMIS activities at clinics and community (e.g, routine reporting, surveys, group discussion, etc) according to plan.
- Assist the program director with planning, evaluation and reporting of the health and other programs.
- Maitain close –working relations with stakeholders (MoPH, NGOs and UN agencies as well others involved in HMIS), in consultation with program director.
- Enhance ability of project and program staff in HMIS related tasks by conducting workshops, on the job training and through other means upgrade skills of information gathering and analysis.
- Assist the program manager in preparing of the program annual report.
- Acts as focal point of contact for HMIS/DHIS2 help desk support for all users, evaluating advanced issues or problems appropriately.
- Provide technical assistance and user support for DHIS2 and HeRAMS software, including agency account setup system monitoring and testing, problem diagnosis and resolution routine software and information maintenance.
- Provide and coordinate ongoing trainings in the use of DHIS2 and HeRAMS Coordinate, conduct and participate regular end user meetings to discuss HMIS issues and elicit end user feedback. Assists attainment of organizational goal through provision of timely progress reports Provide assistance in writing proposals for the new projects Provide assistance in generation of annual work plan for all the projects and transferring annual work plan in MS Project software. Provide support in preparation of end of the project reports Visit project sites and assess the progress of activities in accordance with the submitted work plan of departments Develop monitoring checklists and questionnaire for various monitoring assessment, surveys and evaluations Develop measurable indicators for impact assessment of project Compile data for progress reports and generation of the report Study the current reporting formats and contribute to the design of new reporting tools according to the needs of project Recording and updating the record of external and internal meetings in a database
- Performs any other related task assigned by supervisor
About Solidarity for Afghan Families SAF:
Solidarity for Afghan Families (SAF) was established on October 2005 as a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization with an independent legal identity. The vision of the organization is to get to a developed and welfare society for Afghan families and the mission of the organization is empowering and enabling Afghan families to combat against diseases, poverty, social injustice and illiteracy –
موسسه همبستگی برای خانواده های افغان (SAF) در اکتبر 2005 به عنوان یک سازمان غیر دولتی، غیر سیاسی و غیر انتفاعی با هویت مستقل قانونی تاسیس شد. چشم انداز سازمان، دستیابی به یک جامعه توسعه یافته و رفاهی برای خانواده های افغان است و ماموریت سازمان، توانمند سازی خانواده های افغان برای مبارزه با بیماری ها، فقر، بی عدالتی و بی سوادی است
Qualifications and requirements:
- Medical Doctor and 3 years of working experience with NGO, UN agencies and government in HMIS/DHIS2, Primary Health Care and or relevant field Excellent verbal and written language skill of English, Dari and Pashto Excellent interpersonal communication skill Excellent computer skills of MS-Office Package (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, MS project) Excellent time management Ability to travel extensively with Afghanistan as well as abroad Excellent team builder/player Effective business communication skill Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
• Medical Doctor and 3 years of working experience with NGO, UN agencies and government in HMIS/DHIS2, Primary Health Care and or relevant field
3 Months Extendable
As per SAF Salary Scale
Interested Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and detailed CV, through e-mail address (ٰVacancy@saf.org.af ), indicating on the subject line the title of the position and vacancy number (SAF-Dec-022 HMIS Coordinator). Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for test/interview NOTE: Please DO NOT send your education documents with your CVتوجه: متقاضیان باید یک کاپی از خلص سوانح همراه با شماره و پست را به ایمیل ذیل ارسال نمایند. (Vacancy@saf.org.af)نوت: بعد از تاریخ ختم اعلان ایمل به کاندید های ارسال میگردد که شامل شارت لیست می باشند.اسناد تحصیلی خود را درج ایمیل نسازید!لطفاً در سبجکت ایمیل نام و کود اعلان را ذکر نمایید و در غیر آن شامل پروسه استخدام نمیشوید!