Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the overall Organizational Planning process and design of an efficient Planning system on district level.
- Coordinate sound and efficient management and administration system in the target districts.
- Assist the regional/provincial coordinator for implementation of planned horticultural activities in the district.
- Selection of farmers for orchard establishment, green house, quality improvement and processing activities in light of developed technical and social criteria in close coordination with village and districts elders.
- Attend the regular district meetings with district governor and MAIL-district Agriculture extension manager.
- Training of farmers on orchard layout, planting, irrigation, nutrition management, pruning, fruit thinning, dormant spray application, IPM, green house management, Post-harvest management and storage management.
- Organize and facilitate Farmer field schools on technical as well as extension methodology and extension management related issues according to Training Plan for capacity development of target farmers.
- Facilitate linkage meetings between lead farmers and potential exporters for income increase of farmers and boosting export from the respective district.
- Conduct daily visits of target farmers orchard and crops and provide technical assistance.
- Keep the regional/provincial coordinator with update information regarding program components in the district.
- Resolution of the problems raised in the field and be responsive for any questions coming from field or seek advice for better solution from regional coordinator/provincial coordinator.
- Work closely with the regional coordinator/provincial and business development and export facilitation team in order to ensure that all components of the program are running well and supported.
- Participate in all-related events (meeting, workshops, and conferences) and keep network with the national and International organizations in order to stay informed about orchard establishment and other horticultural-related developments in the district.
- Assist in all other operational and administrative tasks as required by the respective line manager
- Provide inputs (text and photos) for monthly and quarterly report
- Provide data and information to the M&E personnel, as required.
Roots of Peace is a humanitarian organization that has worked in war-torn countries around the world with our partners to remove the remnants of war, landmines and unexploded ordinance, and restore the land in order to rebuild peaceful communities for generations to come. For the past twenty years, the Roots of Peace award-winning “Mines to Vines” approach has impacted one million farmers and families, enabling the exports worth over $150 million to international markets. Since beginning our work in Afghanistan in 2003, Roots of Peace has worked with agricultural value chains in every province of the country resulting in 100,000 tons of exports, creating over 9,000 full-time agribusiness jobs that benefited more than 38,000 families from these value chain approaches. From farmers to exporters, Roots of Peace develops entire agricultural value chains by implementing the ROP Development Model which is designed to serve as a catalyst to generate much broader impact industry-wide – improving incomes for smallholder farmers, bringing peace to rural communities, transforming national industries.
The Horticulture Extension Officer will work in close synergy with Export Facilitation and business development Teams for achieving project deliverables in better manner within planned timeframe. He will facilitate linkages meetings between farmers, potential exporters and processors in close coordination with Export facilitation and business development team to improve the quality of the product and boost the export from the respective district.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
One year-Extendable subject to project funding
As per NTA salary scale
Note:- The interested candidates are requested to SPECIFY THE PROVINCE (In SUBJECT LINE along with vacancy number), which they are applying for.
Interested qualified afghan national Male/female candidates are requested to submit their CVs and cover letter to CBARD-HR@rootsofpeace.org no later than 031.03.2021. clearly mention the the province and vacancy number ROP-CBARD-047-2021 in the subject line, applications not mentioning the province and vacancy number will not be considered.