The Housekeeper is responsible to provide clean, sanitary comfortable, orderly, and satisfying, surroundings for offices and the compound. She promotes sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odors. She must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving objects/materials and/or the clean-up of office instruments and equipment. The housekeeper is required to help the cook with kitchen, tea, and meal arrangement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, etc.
- Maintains facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning, and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
- Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
- Damp dust furniture, light fixtures, window sills, etc.
- Wet-mops floors in all residents’ rooms and bathrooms on daily basis. Damp- mops all corridor floors, lobby, dining room, and other areas on daily basis.
- Reports any needed repairs (such as the leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, beds needing repair, etc.) to her supervisor immediately.
- Helps cook in the kitchen, and provides tea and meal services to staff routinely.
- Follows the instructions given by the supervisor.
- Adheres to the office rules and regulations.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the line manager
Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) is a social marketing and behavioral change communication organization established in August 2008. ASMO is a free-standing, not-for-profit Afghan organization that aims to create positive health outcomes by giving Afghan households the information they need to make informed and healthy choices and expanding access to high-quality health products through commercial markets.
From its inception to date ASMO successfully implemented multimillion Dollar projects in Afghanistan through sub-awards sponsored by USAID focusing to improve maternal and child health outcomes through the private sector
Education & Qualifications: Must be graduated from high school (baccalaureate).
Industry experience: Have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in the same position with national and international organizations.
Technical skills: Excellent knowledge of hygiene in the working environment and proper usage of hygienic tools for cleaning the offices and premises.
Personal qualities: Vigilant to hygiene and neatness of the office as well humble attitude towards all employees.
Language skills: Must be able to write, read and communicate effectively in Dari/Pashto. Communication skills in English will be considered an advantage
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
As per NTA salary scale
The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to the Human Resource Department of Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO).
- The subject line must be (ASMO/HK/06/22) otherwise the application will NOT be considered.
- No resume will be taken under consideration without having the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of the email.
- Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.