The Hub Coordinator (HC) is a Regional Senior Management Team (R-SMT) member of the AKES,A based at the hub office/Hub learning center. Under direct supervision of the Regional Manager, the HC manages AKES,A’s ECD and education programs in their respective hub in accordance to AKES,A policies, program standards and yearly operational plans. The HC is responsible for planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of all AKES,A programs in the hub. S/he must spend 60% of their time on the operational activities and 40% on academic support to the ECD and education officers and teachers. As the representative of AKES,A in the area, the HC maintains close working relations with the District Education Departments (DEDs) and collaborates with other AKDN agencies and INGOs/NGOs at the hub level.
Management and leaderships (40%)
- Provide first line management and leadership in the hub office through assisting the Regional Manager (RM) in planning and implementation of programs at the hub level.
- Ensure program implementation as per AKES,A policies, program standards and yearly operational plans.
- Participate and represent the Hub at Regional Management Meetings on regular basis and CO meetings/sessions on need basis.
- Responsible for proposal of annual budget and monthly forecast for all centers under their supervision.
- Observe, insepct and report facilities structural & non-structural hazard(s), security threats and changes of the area.
- Collaborate with regional Facilities Management Department (FMD), Finance, HR, IT, Knowledge Management and Admin units on all facilities and operational initiatives and activities.
- Work towards financial sustainability of learning centers (esp. centers in urban cities) through optimizing fees collection and reducing operation costs. Frequest followups with fees collection is a key responsibility of the incumbent.
- Work closely with community volunteers and professional staff in understanding community needs.
- Develop and foster a close working relationship with other AKDN agencies, National/Regional Council, relevant government departments (e.g. DEDs, CDCs, and CLDCs) and other INGOs/NGOs and community leaders in the hub to advocate for and synergize activities.
- Ensure safeguarding of all AKES,A staff and students within the hub in accordance with safeguarding policy and guidelines.
- Represents AKES,A at meetings, events, and forums at the hub level.
- To carry out the roles and responsibilities in a way which reflects AKES, A’s commitment to safeguarding and protection of children, vulnerable adults, beneficiaries, partners, visitors, community members and employees in accordance with AKES, A’s Safeguarding policy, Anti-Cyber Bullying Policy and Child Safeguarding Policy.
Program monitoring, supervision and improvements (40%)
- Ensure that ECD and education officers/facilitators regularly visit program sites and provide pedagogical support to teachers.
- Provide support to ECD and education officers/facilitators and ensure development and implementation of program improvement plans backed by site visit findings.
- In collaborations with program advisers, identify professional development needs of ECD and education teachers and ECD and education officers/facilitators and plan online and in-person professional development workshops and sessions.
- Engage communities through ensuring conductance of relevant and appropriate community sensitization and mobilization campaigns and activities.
- Data collection and reporting (10%)
- Submit monthly/quarterly/yearly reports to RM, Regional Departmental focal points, and CO program manager. Report Daily Situational Update to Regional FMD.
- Compile and share success stories with RM and/or CO program manager to be shared with Knowledge Management Unit for publications.
- Maintain a good filing system (both in soft and hard copies) in the hub office/hub learning center and share data (both quantitative and qualitative) with Knowledge Management Team.
Procurement and logistics (10%)
- Ensure preparations of Purchase Requests (PR) considering the programmatic and operational needs in the hub office/hub learning center and ensure its timely and efficient implementation in close coordination with regional admin and finance officers.
- Ensure for proper asset and stock management and recourse utilziaon, travel planning and arrangement at hub level.
- Any tasks delegated by regional manager, CO program manager and head of academics.
- Ensure materials and equipment are procured effectively and efficiently drawing from best practices in markets (cross border markets in Badakhshan).
- Deliver Safety, Security, Shakeout and other relevant orientation to staff and students.
- Ensure functionality and usability of of facilities relevant items and equipment.
- Communicate changes in space allocation of workplace and classrooms with FMD.
- To carry out the roles and responsibilities in a way which reflects AKES, A’s commitment to safeguarding and protection of children, vulnerable adults, beneficiaries, partners, visitiors, community members and employees in accordance with AKES, A’s Safeguarding policy, Anti-Cyber Bullying Policy and Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Responsible for all academic and operational program management within the respective hub.
- Responsible for developing Purchase Requests and its process based on AKES,A Authority Matrix.
- Responsible for selecting substitutes for the staff on emergency leaves.
Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world to improve the quality of life of the communities. Through the provision of ECD, formal (K-12) and non-formal education programs, AKES seeks to enable all children and students to acquire both knowledge and the essential wisdom needed to balance that knowledge and enable them to attain the highest fulfilment.
AKES Afghanistan (AKES,A) started its operation in Afghanistan in 2003. Ever since, AKES,A has been providing quality ECD and non-formal education programs that benefitted thousands of children and students living in marginalized areas. Currently, AKES,A is operating in 6 provinces namely Kabul, Baghlan, Kunduz, Balkh, Samangan and Badakhshan reaching to over 25,000 children and students through one Central Office in Kabul, three Regional Offices and several Hub Offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, education, management or a related field.
- Experience in roles with administration and financial responsibilities.
- 5 years of program management and administration experience related to education sector.
- Good computer skills (ICDL certification) and report writing skills in English and local languages;
- 5 years of community engagement and social mobilization experience.
- Excellent team building and participatory management skills.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
5 Years Experience
As per AKES, A policy
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter in one PDF file mentioning the position title (Hub-Coordinator- Kunduz- VA-2021-07) in the subject of the email, to the below email address:
Female applicants, who meet the above stated requirements, are encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.