The Human Resources and Administration officer supports the project team in all activities related to Human Resources and Administration Coordination according to HAPA’s policies and procedures as well as the Donor requirements.
- To support the HR Manager on establishing human resources policies and procedures in accordance with HAPA and Donor policies and procedures.
- Ensure the relevance, timeliness and gender equity/diversity sensitiveness of HAPA Personnel Policies and procedures by putting them to Human Resources Policies.
- Ensure that all Government of Afghanistan requirements regarding labor laws and labor contracts are respected; consult local labor lawyer when appropriate.
- Develop draft employee and consultant guides detailing HR policies and procedures to be applied by HAPA.
- Ensure that final, approved, policy and procedures guides for employees and consultants are distributed to all staff members and provide orientation for staff as needed and. Update policy and procedure guides for HAPA employees and consultants as required.
Recruitments and Hiring:
- Facilitate the HAPA recruitment/hiring process, to ensure the hired staff is fully capable of meeting the requirements of the respective positions which is in accordance to RI hiring guidelines.
- Make sure any recruitment takes place in full conformity with the call of the in place policies/procedures.
- Advertise Job Ads, look for qualified candidates, invite and encourage prospective candidates for employment with HAPA. Screen candidates in collaboration with the hiring unit short-list the ideal candidates. Participates in interview, and making hiring recommendations. Inform short-listed candidates for test/interviews and the final result. Ensure transparent and bias-free recruitment process observation.
- Train HAPA staff in recruitment process. Provide them with written outline of steps, timelines, and responsibilities to be followed to ensure an orderly and expeditious recruitment process, and instruct them in proper use of standard forms.
- Coordinate recruitment of local long-term resources, ensure quality control of recruitment process, interview candidates, and make recommendations to technical staff. Prepare Daily/weekly/Monthly reports to Program Manager on progress in recruitment activities.
- Negotiate salaries with all candidates for different HAPA positions.
- Coordinate and supervise preparation of employment agreements for all staff and submit to Manager for signature.
- Orient incoming staff at the Main office and coordinate with the field office on regional employee orientation.
- Establish and maintain a database of resource organizations.
- Assist the management in establishing calendar and process for completing annual employee performance evaluations. Train supervisors charged with conducting evaluations of staff members in their units, and monitor compliance with the process.
- Establish and maintain a database of all employee contracts with dates of contract start, termination and dates and information on starting salary and increases.
- Ensure compliance with Afghan labor and other laws related to the project, and advise Chief of Party of any emerging or potential problems.
- Ensure Visa, Work Permit and other legal documents for expatriate residents in Afghanistan;
- Ensure compliance with Afghan cultural sensitivity and its custom and tradition, and advise the program Manager for any emerging potential problems.
- Maintain HAPA office personnel and pay records, including, but not limited to, leave taken and available, and advise the Program Manager of the status of such issues on a monthly basis;
- Supervise/Manage all Staff Timesheets and leave record.
- To prepare the payroll and work with HR Manager on approval of it on monthly basis ensuring the accuracy of data in the payroll.
- To update HR Manager on movement of staff on monthly basis.
Administrative Processes and Procedures
- On the basis of templates provided by HAPA, develop administrative processes and procedures for HAPA offices.
- Recommend changes in administrative processes or operations that will result in increased efficiency, effectiveness and improved cost.
- Propose and implement effective and efficient modern administration in HAPA offices.
- Train administration staff for effective administration management;
- Work closely with (ANSO) on staff security
- Right use of transportation facility;
- Supervise purchase of office stationery and office equipment and ensure the availability of required items all the time;
- Supervise arrangements for internal air transportation (when applicable), as well as international transportation as needed and requested, consistent with secure, effective and cost efficient considerations.
Supplies and Equipment
- Supervise and monitor management of needed office supplies in accordance with HAPA procurement regulations;
Humanitarian Actions for the people of Afghanistan (HAPA) has been working since 1991 in the southern region (including Kandahar, Helmand, Zabul & Urozgan provinces). HAPA has main Office in Kandahar province located in Shahri Naw Chowk, District # 6 and sub-offices in (Helmand, Zabul, Nimroz, & Uruzgan provinces). HAPA has 50 permanent qualified staff members in the four offices of the southern region. HAPA remained the implementing partner (IP) for the following UN agencies (including UNODC, UN-WFP, UNHCR, UNICEF, UNOCHA) and international agencies such as (JICA, CIDA, DAI, and IOM in the past). HAPA has implemented numerous aid projects with the subject organizations in the past more than two decades.
- University degree in Business Administration or equivalent from a registered institution.
- At least Five years of experience with INGOs.
- Good management skills
- Good computer language skills
- Fluent in English Language with fluency in Dari and Pashto
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
5 Years relevant
As per Organization’s salary scale
Interested and qualified candidates should send his/her updated CV with an application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org please clearly mentioned vacancy number and title of the position in the subject line otherwise your application will be rejected. Note: Please don’t send other documents such as copies of Certificates, Degrees and Reference Letters to the email. The candidate who meets the requirements will be shortlisted.