The Intern will work under the guidance of Sr. IMO and Country Director. Below are generic responsibilities:
- The Intern will develop and maintain constant and good contacts with humanitarian partners.
- The Intern will work with the iMMAP Afghanistan team to meet the Information Management (IM) support requirements of the stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner for the areas of work delineated below.
- The Intern will attend periodic Information Management meetings with the iMMAP IMO team to share updates on ongoing IM products and activities and promote good practices in the organization.
- The Intern will create and develop custom reports and map layers requested by stakeholders.
- The Intern will work with the iMMAP Afghanistan team to ensure that all support requirements of stakeholders are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- The Intern will facilitate iMMAP demonstrations and training sessions.
- The Intern shall perform such additional duties as may be assigned by the Senior IMO and/or the Country Director.
- The Intern must adhere to iMMAP branding guidelines for all iMMAP products and correspondence.
iMMAP is an international not‐for‐profit, non‐governmental organization (NGO) that provides targeted information management support to partners responding to complex humanitarian and development challenges.
- The Intern must be a Geography, Earth Science, or Computer Science Major with GIS experience.
- The Intern Must have experience with the ESRI ArcGIS product.
- Required skills are GPS, digitizing, database management geography background/knowledge, with good communication and computer skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with intermediate level of GIS experience.
- Knowledge of data management in humanitarian context.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or related technical training in information management, computer skills and knowledge management or geographic information systems.
- At least 1 year of experience in the field of Information Management (IM).
- Proficiency in English.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
3 months internship with possibility of extension
As per company salary scale
Please submit your CV detailing your professional experience and technical skills related to job along with 3 referees.
iMMAP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.