About National Water Affairs Regulation Authority:
In accordance with the Decree 36 of the presidential office of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in view of national politics and strategy of the country during 1398, the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) has been established from one existing ministry: Ministry of Energy and Water
The Government of Afghanistan has identified the rehabilitation and expansion of the country’s physical infrastructure as one of its highest priorities for the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. As part of the basic economic infrastructure of the country, the water sector occupies special prominence in the Government’s development plans. Several major Water sector projects, funded by the National Development Budget and by international financial institutions and donors, are presently under implementation and planning under the general oversight of the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA).
Given the technical complexity of the Water sector and the particular demands posed by the coordination of the projects that are being funded by various sources, the NWARA assists its administration that will be based in Kabul and will reinforce NWARA in its internal and external activities and projects smoothness and speediness in fulfilling its obligations for water sector development.
- National water Affairs regulation Authority (former Ministry of Energy and water) will have a numerous Dams feasibility studies projects and several detailed design and construction of dam’s project in the Year (1399). The above mentioned projects will be awarded to national and international competent companies.
- The companies will submit the studies reports, design packages and construction submittals to the ministry of energy and water for review; to conduct the review on a professional manner the National water Affairs regulation Authority (former Ministry of Energy and water) is seeking for employments of competent professionals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review of the irrigation parts of the feasibity studies reports .
- Review of the irrigation parts of the detail design reports.
- Design of the irrigation projects.
- Prepare Irrigation parts of the TORs for feasibility studies and detail design.
- Prepare / Review Specifcation for irrigation projects based on ASTM, USBR, USACE and ICID Requirments .
- Training of staff in Irrigation systems design.
- Prepration/Review of proposals for irrigation projects.
- Preparation/Review of the quantities and costs estimation of irrigation projects.
- Perform review of different aspects of project plans including, structural and hydraulic analysis of irrigation systems
- Has to work with a team of engineer, water management specialist, consultant and technicians involved in designing, extension of existing irrigation systems,
- Participate in developing a holistic strategic plan for moving the water sector activities into development phases;
- Providing technical assistance for the field projects of water sector systems design and operations and support of MEW’s Capital Investment Plan (CIP);
- Establishing good relationships with Irrigation system projects’ stakeholders;
- Establishing operation plan for irrigation systems
- Preparation of the monthly activity reports.
- Attending the technical boards meetings, meetings with National water Affairs regulation Authority and meetings with contractors and others.
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by supervisors.
- The candidate shall have at least BSc degree in Irrigation Engineering or equivalent field with a minimum of 5 years experience in design of irrigation systems or a minimum of Master degree inirrigation engineering or equivalent filed with a minimum of 3 years experience in design of irrigation projects having the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Shall attach a copy of the degree to his application form and Cv.
- Shall attach a copy of the certiifcates/recommendedation letters which preoves his experience in design of irrigation systems along with complete address and mobile phone numbers of his supervisors.
- Experienced in design of irrigation projects including design of Canals, syphones, aqueducts and superpassages.
- The experience shall be pure in design of irrigation systems, other experience is not acceptable.
- In –depth knowledge in Software of CROPWAT 8.0.
- Familiarity with applying international standards of ICID, USACEand USBR.
- Computer skills including, design programs, cropwat , Hec-Ras ,O
Interested and qualified Individuals who want to apply for the position are required to follow the below instructions:
Write Application Letter explaining your suitability for the position.
Fill NWARA/MSU Job Application Form.
Send your Letter and Application Form, Education certificate and experience document in one single document (PDF). CV is not acceptable only fill the Application letter, Otherwise Cv will be ignored without any consideration.
Indicate Position Title and Vacancy No. on the subject line of the Email.
Only short listed candidates whose education and experiences correspond to the job requirements will be contacted for further steps.
Incomplete and wrong applications will be ignored without any consideration.
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Download the Application format and Job Application Form from below links: Page number #1 /Application Number #1
The candidates who send their Application Form without any supporting document will be omitted from the process
Applicants can submit their applications hard copies to the following address:
Human Resources Section of National Water Affairs Regulation Authority Support Unit
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority
District #7 Dar-Ul-Aman Road,:
Mohebullah Majrooh +93(0)789777778/775666111
Mohammad Naser Moradi +93(0)744252320
- Address Darulaman Road, Sanatoruim Kabul, Afghanistan
- Salary Offers As per NTA salary scale policy
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5