To collect suspected COVID19 samples as per approved WHO guideline and transfer to nearest diagnostic centres for diagnosis in close coordination and collaboration with district level rapid response teams (RRTs), maintain good coordination with relevant HFs and provincial level COVID19 staff and contribute to increasing awareness regarding COVID19.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To collect samples of COVID19 suspected patients aligned with WHO guideline.
- To transfer collected COVID19 samples to the nearest diagnostic centres for diagnosis aligned with sample transfer guideline in close coordination with district level rapid response teams.
- To apply and practice infection prevention and control (IP&C) guideline of MoPH at health facility level in coordination with HF manager.
- To ensure sufficient supply and materials availability at health facility level for COVID19 suspected patients sample collection and maintain proper record of consumption and stock.
- To support required lab tests and examinations as necessary at health facility level.
- To conduct outreach sample collection from COVID19 suspected patients at schools/madrassas, universities, and communities as per need to achieve the assigned targets.
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering COVID19 necessary laboratory supplies.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are always followed strictly and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Conduct regular awareness to the clients on COVID19 prevention, signs, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
- Ensure all suspected clients referred for lab tests are tested in the best possible quality and recorded and track the referred cases from the reference lab.
- The lab results of suspected COVDI19 cases are communicated aligned with COVID19 communication guideline in consideration of patient privacy.
- Develop and submit all the required reports such as daily, weekly, monthly and progress reports as required aligned with project requirements.
- To be committed in meeting the standards included in the AKF Safeguarding policy and Manual and work in accordance with the AKF Safeguarding Policy and Manual while working with the Aga Khan Foundation.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Occasional Significant Duties:
- Participate in meetings, workshops and training conduct by organization.
- Willingness to be in different health facilities/district to complete/provide the required services.
- Perform any other job-related duty assigned by the supervisor.
Decision-Making & Authorities:
- Planning of the activities, daily, weekly and monthly,
- Utilize the sample collection materials and supplies as per need according to the guideline.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education and health.
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
At present, it is seeking an exceptional individual to fill the position of Lab Technician Sample Collection Center, Health Program COVID-19 Project based in Samangan Area Office, Ayback at its Regional Program Office Baghlan – Afghanistan.
- Certificate (diploma) of graduation from a recognized institution in the field of laboratory approved by MoPH.
- Experience of minimum 2 years in lab service provision with Government or non-governmental agencies, those who have experience in the COVID19 sample collection will be preferred.
- Medium knowledge in working with Ms office package, mainly excel and power-point.
- Medium knowledge in English and having a good level of knowledge in use of computer software of Excel, word and power point.
- Ability to work in difficult geographies.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, efficient, reliable, and creative.
Required Core Competencies:
- Ability to use advance machinery for diagnostic services.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- Excellent physical condition and endurance.
- To know the different type of kits and products use for laboratory.
- Attention to details.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good Team Member.
Applicants meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com no later than March 03rd, 2021.
- Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying
- No supporting documents (e.g. diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment (Local residents of Baghlan & Samangan Provinces preferred).
- Salary scale – Grade F based on NTA salary scales.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.